age136

Razors

141 posts in this topic

For the past 12 months or so I've not been able to bring myself to pay the ridiculous prices for Gillette fusion blades / wilkinson sword alternative . Instead I just buy whatever disposable ones are on offer at the time .

So , the question to the wam is , what razors do you buy ? And are they any good ?

Ps after going to scalford I realise this will only apply to half the wam.

Oh , and this is hopefully a serious thread so If it ends up with pictures of cats they'd better be shaved ;)

Aldi or Tesco triple blades/razor, work fine, and I have a fairly heavy beard and only shave every 3-4 days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191456/Sharp-practice-The-razor-heads-cost-just-5p-make-sell-2-43-each.html

I've been using the sainsburys 6 blade jobbie lately. Not the cheapest but certainly less than the fusions etc .

6 blades? :shock: Surely totally unnecessary, I tried the 4 blade and found they kept getting blocked up with bristles. I think 3 is the optimum number.

A lot of razors are shoplifted but apparently a lot that find their way onto eBay could be fakes and there was an article about it a while back about the metal being contaminated with all sorts .

Not good if it's anywhere near your blood .

6 blades , yep . I thought it was a bit overkill but I seem to cut myself less with the multi blade razors.

I've been using the sainsburys 6 blade jobbie lately. Not the cheapest but certainly less than the fusions etc .

Just how many blades do you need? I remember when 2 was the latest high tec thing.

Just stop buying foo razors

Razors will be like venetian blinds before long.

Started using a DE razor about 6 months ago.

Blades? £3.50 for 10.

Beard rash/neck redness? Gone.

optimum number of blades is ONE! Not 3,5 or anything else.

When I see all the fusion/vibrating/multi blade tosh, £8 for 4 blades I'm so glad I found an alternative that works for me.

Even if the £cost was the same, the comfort & lack of razor burn, (after all these years of trying all those bloody wonder blades & canned goo) would be worth it alone.

And yes, I still use LP's!

Matt.

Dealer

Razors will be like venetian blinds before long.

:D

Buy an electric shaver and get used to it. I did over 10 years ago and never looked back.

How ghey:hom:

Electric or cut-throat. Safety razors are for wimps.

Buy an electric shaver and get used to it. I did over 10 years ago and never looked back.

I have one but I find it takes so much 'scrubbing' to get a smooth shave that in the same time I may as well shave wet. And anything over 2 days particularly so. Plus I know with a wet shave everything is cut - the electric one always leaves some that refuse to poke through the filter to meet the blades.