Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

age136

Razors

141 posts in this topic

For the past 12 months or so I've not been able to bring myself to pay the ridiculous prices for Gillette fusion blades / wilkinson sword alternative . Instead I just buy whatever disposable ones are on offer at the time .
So , the question to the wam is , what razors do you buy ? And are they any good ?

Ps after going to scalford I realise this will only apply to half the wam.

Oh , and this is hopefully a serious thread so If it ends up with pictures of cats they'd better be shaved ;)

Aldi or Tesco triple blades/razor, work fine, and I have a fairly heavy beard and only shave every 3-4 days.

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191456/Sharp-practice-The-razor-heads-cost-just-5p-make-sell-2-43-each.html[/url]

I've been using the sainsburys 6 blade jobbie lately. Not the cheapest but certainly less than the fusions etc .

[quote name='age136'][URL]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191456/Sharp-practice-The-razor-heads-cost-just-5p-make-sell-2-43-each.html[/URL]

I've been using the sainsburys 6 blade jobbie lately. Not the cheapest but certainly less than the fusions etc .[/QUOTE]
6 blades? :shock: Surely totally unnecessary, I tried the 4 blade and found they kept getting blocked up with bristles. I think 3 is the optimum number.

A lot of razors are shoplifted but apparently a lot that find their way onto eBay could be fakes and there was an article about it a while back about the metal being contaminated with all sorts .
Not good if it's anywhere near your blood .

6 blades , yep . I thought it was a bit overkill but I seem to cut myself less with the multi blade razors.

[quote name='age136']

I've been using the sainsburys 6 blade jobbie lately. Not the cheapest but certainly less than the fusions etc .[/QUOTE]

Just how many blades do you need? I remember when 2 was the latest high tec thing.

Just stop buying foo razors

Razors will be like venetian blinds before long.

Started using a DE razor about 6 months ago.
Blades? £3.50 for 10.
Beard rash/neck redness? Gone.
optimum number of blades is ONE! Not 3,5 or anything else.
When I see all the fusion/vibrating/multi blade tosh, £8 for 4 blades I'm so glad I found an alternative that works for me.
Even if the £cost was the same, the comfort & lack of razor burn, (after all these years of trying all those bloody wonder blades & canned goo) would be worth it alone.
And yes, I still use LP's!
Matt.

[quote name='Tel']

Razors will be like venetian blinds before long.[/QUOTE]
:D

[URL="http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=wahl+clippers&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1260&bih=562&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9148467555068371640&sa=X&ei=3gu0T7uZNojfsgbTo6ygDA&ved=0CIsBEPMCMAU"]Whal[/URL] VEry rarely use proper razors and just buzz cut every few days or when the kids tell me i look like a badger.

[quote name='gthang']Buy an electric shaver and get used to it. I did over 10 years ago and never looked back.[/QUOTE]
How ghey:hom:

[quote name='gthang']Buy an electric shaver and get used to it. I did over 10 years ago and never looked back.[/QUOTE]

I have one but I find it takes so much 'scrubbing' to get a smooth shave that in the same time I may as well shave wet. And anything over 2 days particularly so. Plus I know with a wet shave everything is cut - the electric one always leaves some that refuse to poke through the filter to meet the blades.

[quote name='Mr Cat']yeah, I do a no.1 one my head... :)[/QUOTE]
That's disgusting, haven't you got toilets up there?:?