BD Audio

Digital room correction available now @ BD-Audio

229 posts in this topic

you might need to talk me through that one Jack. what connectors would go where, in/out?

Dealer

A helpful chap on AOS explained it well.....

If you connect the tape output to the dual core & then the output of the dual core would got to the tape input, you then use the tape monitor button to listen to your music.

Whatever input is selected, say CD, is automatically spat out to the tape output (some amps have a record selector switch). If you then select the tape monitor the CD will have gone through the processor.

Dealer
I got friggin soaked :doh: and left the new box at work :doh::doh:. Something to play with tomorrow night, assuming I remember to bring it home :roll:.

:D Gutted!

A helpful chap on AOS explained it well.....

If you connect the tape output to the dual core & then the output of the dual core would got to the tape input, you then use the tape monitor button to listen to your music.

Whatever input is selected, say CD, is automatically spat out to the tape output (some amps have a record selector switch). If you then select the tape monitor the CD will have gone through the processor.

Jack,

I have tape 1 in/out Tape 2 in/out Tape record 1-2 and 2-1 and record select for all inputs but no tape monitor that I can see.

Dealer

Record select for each input? Am I right in thinking you would leave it on the tape input then choose record select on whichever input you wanted to listen to. Does that make sense?

I've read the manual on all the tape controls and still not sure it could do it. Primarily because the manual talks about how you would use it with a tape recorded attached and not what would happen if you fed the signal back into the tape input. However it may well work if the record selector was set to cdp the dspeaker was fed from tape 1 output and the processed signal output was returned to line 3 input and line 3 input was selected as the source on the main input selector. (the record selector works independently of the main input selector)

Does that sound as if it would work?

Dealer

Well if you want to try and get one going Ian give me a shout, if not happy for you to send it back. :^

TBH I have no idea what any of them do, I've never had any need to touch any of the tape/rec controls. As I understand it the record selector enables you select the source you want directed to the tape out. I assume that the tape monitor button would send to the speakers what is being sent to tape out which goes against what you said. But that's just guessing and could be total rubbish.

I think you might find that there are 2 tape loops, so that you can connect a cassette recorder & a reel to reel or DAT or minidisc etc. at the same time. It is the nature of tape loops, that whatever is playing is transmitted through the tape out, so either pair of outputs/inputs would suffice for the DSP

I think you might find that there are 2 tape loops, so that you can connect a cassette recorder & a reel to reel or DAT or minidisc etc. at the same time. It is the nature of tape loops, that whatever is playing is transmitted through the tape out, so either pair of outputs/inputs would suffice for the DSP

That's not the way i read the manual

ok still confused by this, reading up on tape loops. The monitor button (which I have but its not called a monitor button) when selected this plays whatever is going out through in my case taped rec/out. My confusion is that surely this is the signal going INTO the dpeaker ie before it gets processed. If the processed signal is returned to tape play/in, how will the monitor button help?

I don't mean to fill up this thread but just cant get my head round this at the moment. Don't see the point in wasting Jack's time with a demo if I can't even understand what to connect where.

The Accuphase E-305, according to the manual, has pre out/power in phono connectors on the rear.

Otherwise, if you hooked the device up as 'Tape 1' you would set your Input Selector to 'Tape 1' and use the Record Selector to switch inputs. Which looks a bit awkward, but would be sonically preferable.

Paul

Dealer

Otherwise, if you hooked the device up as 'Tape 1' you would set your Input Selector to 'Tape 1' and use the Record Selector to switch inputs.

Paul

Yes that's how you would use it.

Don't panic anyway Ian, I'm taking pre orders atm as all the units made to date are sold and we are waiting for them to finish manufacture of the next batch, probably next week before I see them.

Hello Dave D, would it be possible to use the tape loop and then run your tape deck in to a different input or do you record to tape fairly often?

Just checked the handbook; there's 'monitor' facility on 3 of the inputs so feasible. Now I just have to somehow justify the expenditure :nerves:

Don't panic anyway Ian, I'm taking pre orders atm as all the units made to date are sold and we are waiting for them to finish manufacture of the next batch, probably next week before I see them.

Ok Jack i'll keep an eye on the thread

Dealer

No problem guys, just let me know if/when you're ready to order.

Credit/debit cards welcomed.