BD Audio

Digital room correction available now @ BD-Audio

229 posts in this topic

I'll look into your questions later guys, we're on our holidays in Cornwall this week but I've got wifi back at the holiday home so I'll look through it all later. :^

Should have said.

Was in Newquay yesterday and Bude up until today.

Nearly lost my Toupee in the wind Friday.:nerves:

Dealer

Doh, we drove into Newquay yesterday!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm very interested in this (dual core stereo version). Is the volume control digital or analogue, and what's the output level of the balanced outs? Is the SPDIF input only optical? Is there the possibility to trial at home? Thanks!

I was wondering about a KRK ergo, but this isn't much more and I've read the ergo doesn't reclock as a dac, but this does?

Spdif via optical only, volume control is digital, balance out level is 3.25V.

I will gladly give you a home trial, drop me an email to discuss, info@bd-audio.co.uk

Dealer
One more question Jack, are all the analogue outputs active regardless of which input is used?

As far as I know yes.

Here is a link to the product manual, some great info regarding connections and functions.

http://www.dspeaker.com/fileadmin/datasheets/dspeaker/AntiMode20DualCoreEng.pdf

Dealer

The Dualcore is the stereo one Ron, the other 2 are for mono only, it's just one takes a mono signal from say a surround sound processor and the other takes a stereo input and outputs to a mono sub. It is possible to use 2 subs though using the phase inversion switch on one of the subs (or connecting one out of phase) which would work fine.

here are some connection examples for the cheaper units.

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/technology/anti-mode-technology/anti-mode-connection-examples.shtml

Heres the manual for both cheaper units.

http://www.dspeaker.com/fileadmin/datasheets/dspeaker/antimode8033CinemaSIIen.pdf

Dealer

Here is a great FAQ for the Dualcore, the product is evolving fast via firmware as users expand and the feedback comes in regarding devices connected to it and users needs, the company seems more than happy to change and add to the firmware in the direction of what the customer wants. It's quite refreshing to deal with them!

http://www.dspeaker.com/fileadmin/datasheets/dspeaker/dualcorefaq.pdf

YHPM regarding the input sensitivity setting.

I was surprised to see I had missed a few updates already; as you say they seem to be very keen to keep the customers happy.

Dealer
as you say they seem to be very keen to keep the customers happy.

As it should be IMO, it amazes me the relaxed attitude of some high end manufacturers around!

I'll look into your questions later guys, we're on our holidays in Cornwall this week but I've got wifi back at the holiday home so I'll look through it all later. :^

U haven't booked one of my statics by any chance down there? :)

have a good week, I'll keep an eyeon the thread :^

Dealer
U haven't booked one of my statics by any chance down there? :)

have a good week, I'll keep an eyeon the thread :^

See post 65 Danny. :)

Dealer

Bump, sending out some more units Monday morning via courier, any takers for the last stock one before I reorder?

I got one deliiverd last night, Great personal service from Jack. The Dual Core is so easy to set up and use. I have been thinking about addressing room issues for a while. now. Bass was getting boomy at higher volumes.

Previously I had My Laptop, Sky box and BDP hooked up to the Digital in connections on my Wadia 861. I wanted to be able to use the DSPeaker on all these so I got a 4 to 1 remote S/pdif splitter. I also connected the Digital out from my Wadia to the splitter. I then connected the single output to the DSP in and out to the Wadia DAC S/Pdif in.

I used the RCA analogue in and out for TT duties. ( you can also select analogue in and digital out, sending your TT through the Wadia DAC.

First attempt at running the test tones had my TV and Guitar vibrating like hell. After curing these problems I ran the Room set up again and the bass problem is gone. Mids and highs are also cleaned up. Great result. messing with the House curve etc features now but it got it pretty much right first time. No lack of bass, just less wooly.

Dealer

Glad you had an easy setup Gary, it'd be interesting to see a photo of your before/after screen to see where it's doing the business.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps, more stock arriving Monday for those interested in ordering.