robin

bake off late june, bradford west yorkshire

155 posts in this topic

my kora mandala speakers are a fairly rare thing, i have had them around 3 years,longer than anything else hi-fi wise, main reason is that i could never get back the grand i have in them, i got them from mick(marr) part ex some transmisson line speakers ( the ones graham had at scalford 3 years ago ) and some cash, so paid about £700 for them, then rebuilt the crossovers costing £200, then got the top drivers reconed for £90

hers a reply from kora i got when i emailed them for more info

Subject: Re: kora mandala speakers

Dear Robin COLDWELL.

KORA Mandala caracteristics were :

2 way speakers double bass reflex.

4 Ohms, 93 dB.

Frequency of cut : 2 kHz - 6 dB / Octave.

2 X Boomer speakers : HT210G0 Audax.

1 X Tweeter speaker : TW 34 Audax.

The retail price in France was near 2500.00 Euros for a pair if I remember well.

Best regards.

Cyril Canod,

Hi End Audio Technology,

KORA Products,

8 bis, rue Claude Perrault,

31500 Toulouse,

France.

so quite a interesting buy, and the wifr likes them, although some wammers find the treble a bit hard, but as my high frequency hearing is shot, they sound ok to me

my kora mandala speakers are a fairly rare thing.....

.....although some wammers find the treble a bit hard, but as my high frequency hearing is shot, they sound ok to me

Mine must be too having lived with Naim Nait 3 and Credos for 14 years. ;-)

Looking forward to hearing them (plus other peoples kit) and, even better, meeting some other Wammers. :^

Hi Steve (great name by the way)

Get to the M62 and look left, that's me waving over in Goole.

Yes I'm a Goolie, and yes we normally go around in pairs. :)

Cheers

Steve

P.S. No problem with the passport, but just a bit worried about the sheep dip should I ever return from Lancashire

just seen what bobcs got :love:, just need to talk him into bringing it now :dunno:, but if dean was to bring a nice pair of western electrics 300bs, that might do the trick :notworthy:

bloody hell talk about understated,( have an 18W 300b job I could bring along if you like)

Hi Robin

I would like to come to the ball too as I live nearby in Pudsey. Might bring a few goodies like an Audio Note M2 pre that's been beefed up with silver wiring etc.

Cheers

hi jag, enjoyed chatting to you at steves (mvj) last summer,your on the researve bench at present, but will see how it pans out nearer the time, but would like to hear your pre :cool:

Hi Robin

Thanks I enjoyed meeting yourself and others at Steve's last summer, it was a good do. Let me know if there is any change in the situation, my friend is going to borrow the AN M2 pre but I have bought Tom's SJS Arcadia Model 2 pre and have a Border Patrol CU2 as well so variety is indeed the spice of life.

Cheers

good news guys, i have set up the 12" tannoys with the leak and django pre, and lyndorf cd1 in my second bedroom and it sounds very nice, so with 3 systems in 3 rooms i think 15 wammers will fit , so jag your in please bring the sjs pre, i nearly bought a mk1, but the guy changed his mind and kept it, heres a pic or two of the bedroom set up

DSCF4035.jpg

DSCF4033.jpg

john your in too mate :^

but please dont spill your beer on stu,s bed, he might wake up on sunday thinking he pissed the bed :shock:

john your in too mate :^

Thanks Robin, that's great news!

:^