Huntergatherer

Anyone tried Yamaha ns 1000's in Av set up.

8 posts in this topic

Hi Trefor,

Never tried mine in my AV systems. I would think there would be difficulties matching them to the centre and subs for a start.

:^

Yeah, Not my initial choice, just a space issue became apparent, so I was hoping these might come to the rescue.

I have a properly balanced BIG Telly system,but was trying to go the projector route and hoping to find a solution, with those bits and bobs I just cant let go of. I'm going to try them with a elac F/O centre which is also very dynamic .Well fingers crossed.

Yeah, Not my initial choice, just a space issue became apparent, so I was hoping these might come to the rescue.

I have a properly balanced BIG Telly system,but was trying to go the projector route and hoping to find a solution, with those bits and bobs I just cant let go of. I'm going to try them with a elac F/O centre which is also very dynamic .Well fingers crossed.

In that case it's worth a try to see how they sound.

Take care not to put too much power through those beryllium tweeters - they do lose a bit of power handling ability as they age, and are also very sensitive to poor amplification, I'm sure you know already!

Hope it's successful.

:^

Do you need a centre? Not being funny but you may find that just having the surrounds will do you (+ sub for movies). I have two systems one with a centre and one without and I don't miss the centre speaker in the system without.