James Evans

Genexxa Pro LX5

19 posts in this topic

If you have never listened to these then you should. Great little speakers for even tinyier money. Have a BUMP on me James

Yes, I rate these too and was using them in my main system until recently. The performance jumps up another level if you replace the inductor and capacitor in the cross over, rewire them, add a bit of sound absorption inside and stuff the ports with drinking straws (total cost ~30 pounds). They stop booming, sound clearer and go about twice as loud.

bugger i'd have taken them!! I regret buying a pair for my ex sister in law all those years ago!!

These sure punch way above their weight. Had 3 pairs at one time but sold one - now running a pair in the kitchen and in the study (the joys of wirelessly distributed music !).

What were the mods that were suggested - can someone post details ?

Thanks

These sure punch way above their weight. Had 3 pairs at one time but sold one - now running a pair in the kitchen and in the study (the joys of wirelessly distributed music !).

What were the mods that were suggested - can someone post details ?

Thanks

I did a short write up here in the middle of a long thread about DIY in general, and so it isn't easy to find:

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?72-DIY-HiFi-What-have-you-done/page8

It is about half way down page 8 of the thread.