wickfut

WTB: Preamp with XLRs and remote.. (ATC CA2 Mk1, Classé CP-35, Primare Pre30 etc)

15 posts in this topic

Looking for an XLR remote preamp, one with a bit of warmth rather than neutral.

Must be in great condition with no crackles on the knobs, dickey flickery lights , dodgy wobbly connections etc.

Looking to spend as least as possible but if something nice comes along...

No Valve preamps.

so wotcha got ?

Stuff I'm def interested in:-

ATC CA2 MK1

Classe Audio CP range (not the curved front)

Primare P30/Pre30

Arcam AVP700 processor

Electrocompaniet

Musical Fidelity Elektra E200

Also happy to P/X with my 7 month old immaculate and fully boxed Benchmark DAC1 with cash either way depending on pre.

Wild card.

My Parasound Halo P3.

In minty condition. Meets all of your requirements.

Out on loan at the moment, not a million miles from Preston BUT if it falls through i am willing to let you try it in your system.

I have a new Roksan Platinum series if it interests you :

[h=1]FS: New Roksan Platinum Series PR15B Pre Amp + Stereo Power Amplifier[/h]

no ta. got active speakers and don't wish to buy at anything near new/demo price

are you looking for balanced in/out or out only ?

Pref balanced in/out .. but the ATC is only balanced out.. so it depends what it is really.

I'll be honest. I want the ATC pre. I'm going to hold out for that for a bit first before I make any sudden decisions.. unless of course your pre is really something :)

Marc, just so you're clear the ATC doesn't actually have "balanced" outputs - they are on XLRs so may still suit your needs but having owned one I can confirm that it's not a balanced design. Still a nice pre-amp, although again I would say it is neutral sounding rather than warm.

If you need a pre with balanced ins and outs and a bit of warmth, something like a Unison Research Unico would seem to fit - Audio Emotion have one for sale. I think I recall from your other thread you were looking to avoid valves though.... there's still my Meridian 502 available :whistle:

You're right, but the ATC pre was designed to drive the SCM50A series... which is in the same voicing ballpark as my speakers.

It makes sense to try it , especially if you can pick them up for as cheap as mentioned in the other thread.

Valves are a No No.. A valve died in my Modwright SWL9 and the bloody thing whistled 400 watts of power out of my speakers until I turned the power amp off. Luckily I was quite quick with it. This time I'd have to run the length of the room and catch 2 of them :)

Also , I've never actually heard anything Meridian so I don't really know the balance and might end up selling once it arrives.. And by the sound of it you aren't having luck selling it.. where as the ATC if I don't like it will prob go 10 mins after I put the advert up :)

Well if you do buy a ATC and you dont like it can i have first refusal please

I have a spare Thule PR250B that is currently visiting def of this parish. You'd be welcome to try it but you're the wrong end of the country to make that an easy option. It has an analogue direct connection that does XLRs in and out.

ha ha , thanks for proving my point :)

Hang on there a minute, that was three quarters of an hour!...

How about an Audio Research LS16. Balanced outputs, bypass mode, real gem of a pre.

I'm moving to the USA, so can't use it over there...this is just a huge clear out of the good stuff, not just the stuff I want to move on. More to come...

PM if you're interested.

Jeff

How about an Audio Research LS16. Balanced outputs, bypass mode, real gem of a pre.

I'm moving to the USA, so can't use it over there...this is just a huge clear out of the good stuff, not just the stuff I want to move on. More to come...

PM if you're interested.

Jeff

That's a valve pre isn't it ? No valves, also you'll probably want more than I want to pay.

Hang on there a minute, that was three quarters of an hour!...

No it isn't.. I haven't even bought it yet and he's asking to buy it :)

Hello,

I have an amazing Bent Tap TVC preamp for sale. Balanced in and out, plus two RCA inputs, remote control for input, volume and balance.

Best preamp I have ever heard - looks very cool too...

It is listed over on pinkfishmedia. I can't link to it because the pinfish server isn't working right now. Also on eBay.

Ben