BD Audio

Record store day

47 posts in this topic

Dealer

I hate the fact that I am at work on that day. Would have been a fine day to drive up to Malvern and see this new record store.

Excuse my ignorance :oops:, but all the record stores are gearing up for this "Special Day". What is so special about it?:?.

The availability of a whole host of music for one day only.

What time are people going to be queuing up from and what are you hoping to get?

I will (hopefully) be outside of the People Independent Music shop in Guildford by 7am and will be hoping to grap a copy of the Smoke Fairies 9" EP, the Kate Bush picture dish (no chance :roll:) and any of the Kinks albums, which I know they have got copies of as the owner showed me them last time I was in there and very nice they look :^. Only allowed three items, but I will easily be able to find something else if these option have all gone by the time I get to the front of the queue.

I'll not be queuing up outside Record Collector in Sheffield. Tey didn't open the doors until gone 9am last year, what an utter fuck up, people had been queuing since before 6am. Then they let you buy as many as you wanted, so the first five arseholes in the queue bought all the ltd stuff, literally one guy walked out with about 20 records. So fuck em, it's not like the music isn't available in other formats for less money. I love vinyl but this is just milking a captive audience.

Dealer

You should report them, they have to play by the rules or they get kicked out of the scheme. Makes it fair.

Got a two wants and a few maybes if the former have gone.

It's not a massively inspiring list this year for me tbh, but I will be getting up early anyway!

Check the store/s you visit are stocking what you want beforehand as not all have the whole list.

Now, Rough Trade East, Berwick St or one of the quieter shops out of the way??

I've always been working the last few years, this is the first one I've been free-are there early queues anyone that's been before?

I'll not be queuing up outside Record Collector in Sheffield. Tey didn't open the doors until gone 9am last year, what an utter fuck up, people had been queuing since before 6am. Then they let you buy as many as you wanted, so the first five arseholes in the queue bought all the ltd stuff, literally one guy walked out with about 20 records. So fuck em, it's not like the music isn't available in other formats for less money. I love vinyl but this is just milking a captive audience.

Wow, I'd be soooo pissed off if they did that at the shop I go to. I think the way they do it, I.e. three items only & you can't buy two of the same thing is pretty fair. They don't open he doors until 9am, but that sounds fair as it is when they normally open :?

Insane queue at Sister Ray Berwick St-literally round the block! At least 400 people.

Gave that up and headed to Flashback on Essex Rd. Eight people in front of us.

Don't think they've got the items I wanted though : (

Might try Rough Trade later.

Crazy, people must've got the first tubes in!

I got to the shop at 6:45 and was second in the queue :). Annoyingly they did not have the Smoke Fairies EP :(, but because of the large stock of stuff they did have you could chose four records as opposed to the usual three so I got the Kate Bush picture disc and the three Kinks albums. Very happy :^.

No record store within 80 miles of me these days so I'll miss out. I did manage to get down last year to the ....erm.....last great record store in Belfast. Was a little disappointed with it though when alls said and done.......over priced a lot of it was. This year I'd probably have liked the Sigur Ros lp but it was only available in N. America.

Makes me sick a lot of people are selling what they got immediately on you know where, what's the point , these folks probably buy concert tickets and stuff for the same reasons , record store day should be changed to quick cash in day , more appropriate, thankfully there wasn't anything I'm into so passed it by.

Phoned my local and they weren't stocking what i wanted but its already on ebay for £60