dinkydave

Should the Grand National Continue...

Should the National be banned   40 members have voted

1. 1. Should the National be banned

• Yes, get rid of it
    • No, I love it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 posts in this topic

It's terrible, why should horse's suffer in this way just to give people a few kicks and so bookies can become even richer :yeah:

Bloody-hell, they're only horses, who cares :grrr:

So, after all of the deaths this year, and from previous years, should the Grand National continue?

Only two options, no sitting on the fence.

You are so right Dave, I wont even watch it, cos the treatment of those fine animals is appalling!!!

Sorry, I voted the other way. I personally think it is unfortunate that some horses died, but to me they are just horses so I am not really that bothered. I think the National has got history, it's the only race I bet on, so I say keep it.

I think they should still have it but without the horses. THe jockeys can run around whipping themselves and climbing over fences twice there size whilst screaming at themselves. Be interesting to see how many got to the finish line then. Much more entertaining too!

I think they should still have it but without the horses. THe jockeys can run around whipping themselves and climbing over fences twice there size whilst screaming at themselves. Be interesting to see how many got to the finish line then. Much more entertaining too!

I'd watch that:-)

You really should get off your high horse....

It's terrible, why should horse's suffer in this way just to give people a few kicks and so bookies can become even richer :yeah:

Bloody-hell, they're only horses, who cares :grrr:

So, after all of the deaths this year, and from previous years, should the Grand National continue?

Only two options, no sitting on the fence.

That's a fucking shocking attitude. Two horse's died this year and 15 out of 40 finished, which ever way you look at it those stats are horendous, how can any level headed person believe that to be okay.

The only reason its alowed to happen is because its a yearly event broadcast worldwide which brings in huge amounts of money. If those stats happened day in day out at the races their wouldn't be any races, it would be banned.

And to say the media are total hypocrites is an understatement, loving to hype it up before race only to then shit on it from an almighty height because of the fatalities is beyond me.

Its a barbaric spectacle that should not happen.

If you want a flutter, bet on the dogs. The safety in Formula One has increased massively since the sport began and is now ultra-safe, despite the phenomenally high speeds. Would those who want the Grand National to continue be in favour of a return to grand prix drivers routinely dying in fireballs? I think not. We should leave horse racing to flat courses and do everyone a favour. Either that or make the horses' millionaire owners ride around the course without helmets, whilst ripped to the tits on amphetamine. If they aren't prepared to do that then the horses shouldn't be made to do it. :^

Horse racing. Sweaty men in trackie bottoms and stained vests pay for the toff's day out via William Hill. Some horses die. The toffs don't care. The sweaty gamblers don't care. William Hill doesn't care. Can't see it changing, can you?

Five horses died at this years four-day Cheltenham festival. Three at the Dubai World Cup. Horses die racing.

At least be consistent and say all horse racing should be banned - not just follow the reactionary media over the deaths at the National.

I’d rather horse racing was not banned because a minority get upset by the occasional deaths of horses. Again crazy furry logic appears to be less perturbed by the deaths of people playing rugby or driving cars at speed. Where are the hand-wringing calls to ban rugby and motor racing?