Baggawire

Baggawire's Beckenham Bake Off

26 posts in this topic

After having broken two ducks in one by both attending and exhibiting at this year's Scalford, I am holding my first bake off on Saturday 2nd June. I can comfortably accommodate 6 people and whilst my system's not exactly box swapping friendly feel free to suggest some kit to bring along. Otherwise grab some of your best tunes particularly if you want to hear any Rock or similar (I don't own any) although I can offer access to all manner of funkiness from across the globe. Cheers.

Attendees:

Tel

Hayward

GJO

JVS

Whizzkid

VoiceoftheMysterons

Happy to operate a subs bench if required.

Is this still on Ian?

I am only 50/50 at the moment as I may have some transport issues.

Still hoping to make it though.

Kevin, did you resolve your transport issues? If not it's not that big a deal to come and pick you up in Hove. Let me know...

Ritchie

Is this still on Ian?

I am only 50/50 at the moment as I may have some transport issues.

Still hoping to make it though.

A bit late notice but I've had a late drop-out so space for one more. If anyone wants to come along then drop me a PM.

Excellent bake Ian!

Thanks for having us.

Happy birthday tomorrow GJO-best wishes! Your phonostage sounded good.

Had a really great afternoon/evening listening to a mix of afro/latin/house/everything else..and getting drunk. Goat curry mmm..

Good company all of you.

Yes, thank you Ian! The first one I've been to and I really enjoyed it. Great to be able to put faces to some of the names I've come across on here... The food was fab! I haven't eaten better Caribbean ever... I was really impressed with the music played too, I left with a load of new ideas. Best moments of the day for me were the back to back Tito Puente/Fania Allstars tracks (this coincided with Dean going for a smoke so it may have been just that I wasn't trying to listen over the er, stream of consciousness!!) and the bass-off between Gareth and Dean. Not sure who won but it really showed off what the Yams can do. Looking forward to meeting you all again.

Ritch

Thanks to Ian and Jenny for allowing us to take over their house,special mention to Jenny's mum who prepared the wonderful food.

Another interesting afternoon listening to a different system and music,most of which I had never heard before and of course meeting new people.

Graham.

Feeling old and with a bit of a hangover.

Oh-and anyone that says all amps and cables sound the same are wrong.

Four different preamps (ok, one of them we couldn't get to work) each with very different presentations and three sets of cables ranging from two to three figure prices.. Know which one sounded 'right' to me, without pointing fingers..