Bazzer

Everton

1,305 posts in this topic

I remember, he could easily THROW the ball over the half way line :shock:

Another sad loss

Sad to hear the news about Gordon West met him a few years ago at a Sportsmans dinner were he was the speaker had a nice line in Shankly stories . While other teams in that era had keepers like the Cat , Liverpool had the the Flying Pig Tommy Lawrence the only player I have ever met who looked fitter after he retired. it could only happen then.

Oh Dear with the announcement that Harry Redknapp will be leaving Spurs David Moyes has been installed as the bookies favourite . Sad to say if he is offered the job much as I would prefer that he stayed with Everton I think this is his one chance to manage a club with a decent current squad (not first 11) and the prospect of being able to buy in new players to improve that squad.

If he says no to this then I doubt any of the other top clubs will ask him and he will have lost his chance . Sadly if he does decide to go then I am not at all confident of what that will mean to Everton for next season . Current odds being given for them to be relegated if Moyes leave is 40-1 which I have to say is a rather tempting bet.

Harry likes to spend money like water, Everton don't have any.

I think if Moyes goes to spurs there will be a lot of transfer requests handed in at the Lane, as much as Moyes is respected in the game quite a few of those players will only have been talked into staying by Redknapp, they have no reason to stay at a club with no CL football and a manager they probably wont get on with.

Could well be a massive turnaround for both clubs this, if he goes to Spurs.

I thought Moyes was already pencilled in to take over from Fergie when he retires:? - can't see Daniel Levy hiring him if there is a chance he will walk at the end of the season when Man Utd come calling.

Martinez maybe but I expect it will be a foreigner. Klinsmann perhaps?

Klinsman would be an interesting one. He got the ball rolling with the current German team so if he can do the same with Spurs it would go down well, I'm sure.

I will be disappointed if Moyes goes but I don't think he will as I believe Spurs don't have any money at present and I remember the prophetic statement Moyes made prior to the end of season (2010-'11) Everton v Chelsea game when he said he was sure of a job other managers aren't, after the game Ancelotti was sacked. So if he practices what he preaches he'll stay.

Barney, there's a district difference between Everton no money and Spurs no money :D

With a new contract/pay rise on the horizon and the backing of Blue Bill, I fully expect Moyes to stay at Everton and lead us to a few more top 10 finishes in the years to come. Whether the majority of Everton fans will be happy with that is the real question...

Barney, there's a district difference between Everton no money and Spurs no money :D

Yep no doubt, I still think if he went to Spurs he'd be sacked after 9 months. If he did have big money to spend and not being used to it he'd cock it up.

Joe Royle (my boyhood hero btw.) was balancing the books at Oldham for 12 years, came to Everton and had some cash to throw about, didn't last long.