Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

James Evans

WTB: One of those Amptastic chip amp jobbies

11 posts in this topic

I've got a Muse TA2020 chip amp. Not quite as good sq as the Mini-T Amptastic jobbie, but defo the same family sound.
PM me your address and I'll send it along to play with. :)

[quote name='JANDL100']I've got a Muse TA2020 chip amp. Not quite as good sq as the Mini-T Amptastic jobbie, but defo the same family sound.[/QUOTE]
Hi Jerry,

How would you describe the difference between the Muse and the Amptastic if I may ask?

Hi Lia

Well, to my ears the Amptastic has a purer, more sophisticated, more natural sound. The Muse is a little harsh and flat sounding in comparison, a little bit grainy. Both have the TA2020 chip transparency and good detail. The Amptastic seems better made as well, the volume control action is smoother, the volume knobs on the Muse amps I have had are a bit "sticky".

Photo, where did you order the amptastic from?

[quote name='greybeard']Photo, where did you order the amptastic from?[/QUOTE]
From T-class audio, the UK reseller on e-bay: [url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-T-T-Amp-HiFi-Audio-Amplifier-5A-PSU-TA2020-UK-/170826389195?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item27c60bd6cb#shId[/url]
Ordered it late last night and just received an email that it has been dispatched. Now on to speakers....