Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Vinyl Art

New F Type Jaguar confirmed for 2013

61 posts in this topic

A straight 6 would be nostalgic, but can you get reasonable economy from a straight six and still keep it light and compact and find 400+ BHP?

Looking at the way the nose droops, I bet they go for a 3 to 3.5 litre V6.

its got no poise, it still looks like a boring aston style blob, and has very little in the way of cues from thr stellarly beautiful E Type. I just wish car makers would just strap a pair on and come out with something interesting. A long bonnet like a new 928 from Porsche wouldnt go amiss either.

If they fit a straight 6 over and behind the front wheels, it could be done. BMW don't seem to have issues getting power out of a straight 6, hope they do go for it. I just hope they give the car a rear end that is derived from the old D and E types, such as that shown in the 2000 concept F Type. This thing has to look drop dead gorgeous, and curves are required for that.

Most engines are jointly developed or sourced from other manufacturers these days. Personally if I want something with a diesel engine in it id be happy if it was sourced from Peugeot.

Just a thought, but as they have now seperated from Ford, why not buy in a BMW six engine? If the cars new, should be possible to have a different subframe to fit it. Clearly BMW are happy to sell their engines to other manufacturers (e.g. Weissman and Morgan), so why not Jag?

Que??????

A JAGUAR with a GERMAN engine.

That's like suggesting we hand all remaining Spitfires over to VW to be remade in carbon fibre and insist of swastikas for the wing decals.

:nup::nup::nup::nup::nup:

Why can't some northener with a shed hand make a straight six on a lathe with two wooden mallets and a spanner his old grandad used to fix WW2 bombers. I see him now, in greasy overalls, hand polishing the cylinder heads with a bit of rag, black rimmed glasses glinting in the light of his oil lamp. the smell of hot engines, a woodbine, half smoked in the corner of his mouth.

Oh yes.

War or no war, I'd still prefer a BMW straight six. Unless, of course Jaguar decides to revive a good old British tradition and develop a killer 3.0l of their own. Another option could be the 3.5l from Nissan.

I read in Autocar that Jaguar may eventually employ a radical C.E.E.D unit in the new F type. Afaik, no other manufacturer has actually put one into production.

Nah, a Kia engine in a jaaaaag? It'd never work....

Is it the Cloth Ears Engine? I've heard of it. A variant of the Wanker Rotary Engine, it used a specially-shaped 4-bladed rotor in a circular combustion chamber. Looks a bit like this:

nazi_flag_150.gif