Vinyl Art

New F Type Jaguar confirmed for 2013

61 posts in this topic

Cunning camouflage, but it won't be difficult to work out what it's going to look like, though - simply look at a picture of any current Aston Marton (except the Rapide, obviously...) and squint a bit. Hey presto - new Jag!

I must say Jag's design department are about as innovative as Porsche's '911 department' when it comes to their coupes.

good article. I wish them luck, since they've not had a true sports car in the range since the E type, and even that wasn't that focussed a drivers car.

The back view looks a tad MX-5 in the film, which maybe too cuddly for me, but the sound was nice.

Problem with sports cars is that good drivers want something REALLY focussed and can use it, but 90% of humanity wants something that looks and sound like that but actually isn't quite so sensitive on the limits. Wonder which way Jag will go. I think I can guess.

I am glad it does not have the V8, however good it sounds, it needs to be different to the XK/XKR. A nice S6 would have been lovely, and more in the classic sports car mould, but They have not had one since the AJ-6.

Just hope they dont do a diesel version :td:

Jaguar will need to find a new engine in any case; they have now dropped the petrol V6 and only offer the 2.2 Diesel 4 (from the Mondeo), the 3.0 Diesel V6 (shared with Peugeot and Citroen as well as Land Rover) and the 5.0 litre petrol V8 (shared with Land Rover.)

I'm waiting for a new x-type successor - hopefully they'll stick psa's new 2.2 hdi from the 508 in there or their diesel electric hybrid drivetrain as they seem to have good ties with pug

I'm waiting for a new x-type successor - hopefully they'll stick psa's new 2.2 hdi from the 508 in there or their diesel electric hybrid drivetrain as they seem to have good ties with pug

That's what I'm worried about! If I want a Peugeot, i'll by one! A Jag, should be a Jag!

That's what I'm worried about! If I want a Peugeot, i'll by one! A Jag, should be a Jag!

Quite so! The AJ6 and AJ16 were the last Jaguar engine designs. I've had both, and they were smooth, powerful, strong and reliable. I've also had the Ford V6 (noisy, crude and rough) and the V8 (great when it worked, but reliability was appalling.) I've driven the 2.2 diesel X-Type, and it was exactly like a Mondeo. :(

Quite so! The AJ6 and AJ16 were the last Jaguar engine designs. I've had both, and they were smooth, powerful, strong and reliable. I've also had the Ford V6 (noisy, crude and rough) and the V8 (great when it worked, but reliability was appalling.) I've driven the 2.2 diesel X-Type, and it was exactly like a Mondeo. :(

Funny that :P:doh: