Guest goldmund

CRAIGLIST Glasgow, whats with the high end equipment and low prices

25 posts in this topic

Not quite sure whats going on here as there are some interesting listings here , audio research ref 600 , krell monos and whats with the prices ?

Would be interesting to get your comments.

If you are interested, contact the seller, arrange to go in person to view and audition the equipment (maybe with a large friend), don't pay any money until you are convinced that it is a genuine sale and the equipment is physically in your possession. If it is a 'business' you might be able to pay by credit card, which will give you more protection.

If the seller suggests payment ahead of such an arrangement to view, wants to send kit of this value to you without audition, wants use of money orders etc., does not demonstrate the equipment at a private address that they can prove beyond reasonable doubt is their normal abode, then run a mile.

Simple really - they could be real sales at what you regard as reasonable prices. They could well be a scam. Eyes open job.

:^

I really don't know why you have to go up there. I have 2 x YG Anat 2 Ref for £1800 brand newish, 24 WE 300b NOS valves £20 each collection only, boxes a bit tatty, and a couple of significant deceased persons estates to dispose of, 10% face value. In London. Just email me your credit card details &c, sincerely

Kofi Anan, or summat like that...

Or a cheque made out to C Ash.....;-)

Wouldn't trust a geezer with a Yorkshire shipping address, bad as Lancs, tssk. Only West London my dearest. Anyway also got a few Ongaku's knocking around for £5,500 each, certificate etc, email quantities, bulk discounts apply.

Wouldn't trust a geezer with a Yorkshire shipping address, bad as Lancs, tssk. Only West London my dearest. Anyway also got a few Ongaku's knocking around for £5,500 each, certificate etc, email quantities, bulk discounts apply.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I dont mind having my reputation impugned, old boy, but lumping me in with a Lancy...:shock:

Wars have been fought over less.;-)

Oh and I'll take two of the Ongakus, as soon as that nice Nigerian chap clears the funds I've paid for.

Is that the overland shipping company?:)

Yep, ship anything you like so long as it fits on a whippet. :P

Whenever I've contacted anyone about expensive hifi on Craig's List or Gumtree (some gumtree stuff is ok) they've originally said they were in London and then when I ask where they are, suddenly they've jumped to Shetlands or John O'Groats... Same story every time.

Scams scams scams.. occasionally you then see the same photos turn up later as they move the scam to ebay, same photos year after year - must have seen that Denon DP1000 about 5 times over the last 5 years.

These are now routinely offered for sale again, down the road from me. Whodda thunk it'd be so hard to find a buyer ?:dunno:

Says what you need to know about these sites, that the ad will be back in a couple of months (or less)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/tannoy-super-red-monitor-srm-12b-professional-studio-monitors/99563639