In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

JamPal

Wigwam Show 2013 - 3rd March 2013

221 posts in this topic

[quote name='RichG']They could all be synced up.........

Brass Band music in every room :D[/QUOTE]

Alternating with Austrian Death Machine :rockin:

k

[quote name='RichG']Can I bring these horns please?

[IMG]http://ukdubbamann.com/gfile/75r4!-!HGMDMI!-!zrzor45!-!IRJFHFLE-INSS-HLMM-LORN-KRSIGEQLJLJE!-!72y1nq/stackfrontcr0.jpg [/IMG][/QUOTE]

Why would you need to bring them ? Surely you could just power them up in Bath and we should be able to hear them perfectly well in Leicestershire (Wilts, Oxon, Northants etc might be a little noisy though ...) :D.

VB

[quote name='hifiwigwam']Rooms will be better next year. i am going to personally go round each room with some one from Scalford and hand pick them.

This will be happening in a few weeks time, I will then get the room numbers on the contract :-) :^[/QUOTE]

The hotel have re-numbered the rooms at least once in the years I've beeen going - maybe get a numbered groundplan included too ?

VB

[quote name='Valvebloke']Why would you need to bring them ? Surely you could just power them up in Bath and we should be able to hear them perfectly well in Leicestershire (Wilts, Oxon, Northants etc might be a little noisy though ...) :D. [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they've banned it use in the west country, after the last time it was fired up the start up current from the amps took down the main reactor at Hinkley Point.

No such trouble in the midlands .... yet :D

[quote name='hifiwigwam']Rooms will be better next year. i am going to personally go round each room with some one from Scalford and hand pick them.

This will be happening in a few weeks time, I will then get the room numbers on the contract :-) :^[/QUOTE]

Awesome, that will make for an even better event next year.

One thing I reckon, demand will be even greater next year. Depending on feasibly (e.g. cost and room availability), it would be great to see extra mid-sized carpeted rooms (in the middle block).

Andrew

[quote name='Valvebloke']Why would you need to bring them ? Surely you could just power them up in Bath and we should be able to hear them perfectly well in Leicestershire (Wilts, Oxon, Northants etc might be a little noisy though ...) :D.

VB[/QUOTE]

I heard the MOD wanted a set installing facing east on the Falkland Islands. They are planning on playing Yorkshire Brass Band music to keep the Argies away.

Sorry West, and I should know I have been to Argentina :doh:

[quote name='flapland']I heard the MOD wanted a set installing facing east on the Falkland Islands. They are planning on playing Yorkshire Brass Band music to keep the Argies away.[/QUOTE]

Isn't East the wrong way? Or does the upsidedowniness alter that?

Sorry yes its of course West. The only thing the other way round is the direction water goes down the plug hole.

[quote name='meninblack']Also cable directionality. In the Southern hemisphere you have to fit them against the arrows.[/QUOTE]

Only if you have an anticlockwise listening area.

I had not thought too much about it but think I will at least try and get a room next year . My set up is not that exotic but it woud be fun just to see what soirt of sound I can produce . Then at some stage perhaps get to listen to a few others .

After hearing some of the comments about bouncy floors and missing out on hearing a lovely Voyd with Wilson Benesch arm, I wondered if anyone had attempted to come up with a shelf that could hook-on to a wall radiator, for tt placement?

I'd be interested in bringing my system up, assuming I could get my mate along to help, but it would be a shame to then find the floor was too bouncy to play any vinyl.

Think a thick paving slab and a tt stand would help in a lot of rooms.
If i had room in the car i would have gone for that this year.

good idea stu :bulb: depending on allocation (if i'm lucky to be allocated) this is a sound idea , and i've got two standing in the garden doing nowt[quote name='russ abbott - royds brother']Think a thick paving slab and a tt stand would help in a lot of rooms.
If i had room in the car i would have gone for that this year.[/QUOTE]

You might find the floors are more stable right in the corners of the rooms, and the corners furthets from the door will probably also suffer less from people walking about. Just a thought ...

VB