Ian

Just call me Ian 2 Radfords !

21 posts in this topic

It was shiny, cleanest I've ever seen. Virtually mark free. It had all Mullards. It had the original guarantee card. It was, wait for it...........boxed. The serial no. on the box matched the one on the amp. I spotted it on the morning of a day off from work where I had nothing planned. It was only 50 miles away.

Jesus I am so broke !

Photos later :-)

Wam Rule #37B states you must now pass on your previous Radford or face the wrath of the Mods :nerves:

Tesco Value beans on Tesco Value toast for the rest of the month then. Congratulations though as it sound lovely.

Very funny I must say ;-) It's another STA15. I paid what I think was fair market value, possibly over, it was no bargain. The box thing makes it unique though. The Hi-Fi fund has 36p in it now though :-(

BTW, on reflection I hope this post doesn't sound boastful, it's just that no other bugger I know is interested !

The start of a Radford Museum?

Or are you looking at bi-amping?

And all Mullard, :love:

Very funny I must say ;-) It's another STA15. I paid what I think was fair market value, possibly over, it was no bargain. The box thing makes it unique though. The Hi-Fi fund has 36p in it now though :-(

BTW, on reflection I hope this post doesn't sound boastful, it's just that no other bugger I know is interested !

Not at all Ian, it's worth shouting about whenever a Radford turns up.

"Ian 2 Radfords" sounds kind of like a Mafia name - you should allow us to 'wet our beaks' with your old Radford! :D

Ian, if you require special tablets for your obsession please let me know, I've box loads....

Enjoy lots!

p.s. "photo's please".

Nah.......just post the ebay link then we can see what you shelled out :22:

This one perchance, from Dave?

140.jpg

It would be interesting to compare it with one of our new ones! I would be hesitant about powering it up right away, if those caps have never had any voltage across them since it was made, then that's potentially worse than them having had light use over their lifetime.

Edit: Whoops, it seems I misread the OP as having bought one that was NEW in the box, that would be quite the find!