indus

can anyone explain this

54 posts in this topic

So I bought the Kate Bush "50 words for snow" album as a download off the katebush website.

It comes as 24/96 wav files.

But here's the interesting bit (cue lots of people telling me this isnt possible)

I then converted them to FLAC files via Songbird

The FLAC files sound better

Is this even possible, anyone know why - and its not a minor improvement, its like listening to a record followed by listening to someone i nthe same room

Lee

Finally added to our website: [URL]http://www.fanthorpes.co.uk/p0/anthem/418202.htm[/URL]

Well, if I can get some large cling film I'll give it a go, but at the moment they're lurking in a dark corner in my cold garage..

As an aside, wouldn't they dry out quicker if left in the open, in say direct sunlight?

[URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elect-Dead-Digipak-Serj-Tankian/dp/B000TX7B5U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331898383&sr=8-1"][IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514VKklNujL._SS400_.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Don't forget to kiss it first as an introduction, and if things do get out of hand [B]don't swallow![/B]

Never thought I'd ever be giving that advice!:D

If it does come to a worst case scenario though, ProAc should be able to replace the tweeter.

Martyn that would go great for my extractor fan in the kitchen cos I have the stick man knife block as well with all the knives rammed through his body!

I can't buy used ones of these here in Tokyo for less than about 4k !!

I heard the mk2 versions of these at the Tokyo show last year and they were really excellent. Stuck in my memory as contenders for my next speakers. They remind me of big Proacs but with much tidier treble. A really good big'un at a stupidly low price. Good luck.

Hi Lee,

Just for clarification, You say you're outputting via usb into the dacmagic. If you have the older version & not the recent +/dacmagic 100, 24/96 is not natively handled via usb(only 16/44.1 or 16/48). I've just outputted a native 24/96 file from my lappy to dacmagic & it "locks" as 44.1, could you confirm which dacmagic you are using.

Regards.

vacdac:).

[quote name='Papa Lazarou']SQ1234lardeedaadeedaa is coming in for some stick over there now. Qwality, this is hilarious. He slags them off on PFM then goes offering friendly advice at Ars. What a knob![/QUOTE]

Looks like his Mr Popular's days may be numbered on there ([URL="http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16531&page=18"]post #178[/URL])

[quote name='rabski']Woooaaaaah! The T&As are coming! Basso profundo!

Christ. Better than at Scalford, then they'll be something rather special.

As per Robin's request, as long as all goes well I'll bring the L300 as the poor dear hasn't had a day out for a while. Anything else you want Bob? Forget the turntable, as it's a complete fucker to move. Phono stage? DAC? Foot spa?

I hope t'other Bob is going to bring that chair. I need somewhere suitable to sit, you know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rich you're too kind! I wasnt sure what to expect by adding the bypass caps in the XOs. I have used them in coupling cap and PSU applications before though and had very pleasing results so thought I would give it a bash. There just seems to be a clear improvement in most areas of performance esp. detail and imaging.
Very pleased with the result for the £20 outlay for the caps!!!
Cant wait to hear how they sound with some special amps driving them. I think its safe bet that I dont need to bring my Oto with me?

damn you and your knowledge of all things amazing! as if the Bay City Rollers are a worthy replacement for the might of Crazy Horses!