GJO

Phono stage bakeoff MK 2

36 posts in this topic

Hi Gents, I was interested in reading about your experiences of balanced mains transformers. I am plagued with variable mains quality and was wondering what to do about it. I thought this could be an option worth exploring.

How big a difference did it make when plugged into the system and was this difference apparent with all equipment that was plugged into it?

I note that with the CBS2000 it has 3 plug points. Would you plug 3 individual hi-fi units into it (eg turntable, step-up and phonostage) or could you plug your entire system into 1 plug point?

Thanks in anticipation.

Rick there's no space left on the rack,will have to think of something as Mrs O's comment is "your not going to leave it there are you"

Will pop down with it sometime soon.

So would I!

Graham (GJO) you can't have hidden it very well!

Currently I have TT,Phono and amp plugged into each socket,have yet to try my CDP.I would think it's possible to plug in a multi way adapter as long as you don't exceed the 2KVA rating.

As to the difference it makes,see comments made by others above.

Hi Gents, I was interested in reading about your experiences of balanced mains transformers. I am plagued with variable mains quality and was wondering what to do about it. I thought this could be an option worth exploring.

How big a difference did it make when plugged into the system and was this difference apparent with all equipment that was plugged into it?

I note that with the CBS2000 it has 3 plug points. Would you plug 3 individual hi-fi units into it (eg turntable, step-up and phonostage) or could you plug your entire system into 1 plug point?

Thanks in anticipation.