In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

GJO

Phono stage bakeoff MK 2

36 posts in this topic

Firstly appologies to all who came to the last one,but have now at last got the hum problem sorted after the cartridge was fixed,which was the cause all along.

Now the suspension has been tightened it sounds quite wonderful,quite an improvement to how it sounded before.

Anyway thinking of a Saturday after Easter,maybe late April,date to be confirmed if theres any interest,SUT's would be most welcome.

Hmmm, maybe.

I'll have my new Rothwell MC1 by then. Where abouts in Kent are you? Easy access from the M25?

Sign me up Graham, I could bring my empty Linn box if you want.

Dean..

A couple of places still to be filled,could those who mentioned they might come please confirm one way or another.
Guy is bringing along a few bits which sound interesting and have recently added a Koetsu SUT to my system.

Graham - where in Kent are you? I have a dinky ickle phono stage which I'm very pleased with, but would probably be accompanied by Mrs and Miss M who, while appreciative of good music, would like something to do other than chat about anoraks (their words!) all day. ;-)

Graham, drop them off at Hever Castle [URL]http://www.hevercastle.co.uk/[/URL] just a couple of miles down the road from Grahams place.

[quote name='gjm']Graham - where in Kent are you? I have a dinky ickle phono stage which I'm very pleased with, but would probably be accompanied by Mrs and Miss M who, while appreciative of good music, would like something to do other than chat about anoraks (their words!) all day. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Dean..

Yes Dean bring it along usual time same place and Mrs O might go down her mums,so there might be no closing time :D

Will PM details over the weekend,looks like Mrs O will be going to her mums,so catering will be what I can find down the Co-Op !!!
Do bring a packed lunch if you like.