Seenmyspecs?

Possible fraudster on pfm

51 posts in this topic

"My advice is not to do any business with any member who hasn't got say 50-100 credible audio / off topic / music / photo room posts under their belts"

You'd be waiting some time on the Wam to do business with any bugger given those requirements :-)

Be careful out there, as they used to say on Hill St Blues!

My first ever eBay experience was a guy purporting to be selling Klipschorns (for £500! too cheap!) from...Jersey. Though had alternate address in london. My cousin will deliver...etc. The ferry from Jersey cost a bit by itself!

the address turned out to be an office somewhere in Jersey unconnected, etc... Seems that pricy hi-fi gets a lot of this.

On Nissan sites they've started posting pics of their cars with a can of Beans in all pics, to prevent scammers copying the pics!

So? What could we use? Discuss.

My first ever eBay experience was a guy purporting to be selling Klipschorns (for £500! too cheap!) from...Jersey. Though had alternate address in london. My cousin will deliver...etc. The ferry from Jersey cost a bit by itself!

the address turned out to be an office somewhere in Jersey unconnected, etc... Seems that pricy hi-fi gets a lot of this.

On Nissan sites they've started posting pics of their cars with a can of Beans in all pics, to prevent scammers copying the pics!

WTF ? Surely you go and view a car before buying ? also what's to stop a scammer from putting a can of beans on a Nissan in a car park ?

Javelins

Yeah same with a number of the Honda forums I'm on... Either a tin of beans or your username and date/time on a card in front of the items you're selling!

I usually ask for a picture with this OR if the item is small enough; for a picture of it in front of the computer screen showing the relevant topic etc...

The seller has been trying to buy legitimate E-Bay accounts with high feedback. Disgraceful.