HoopsOnToast

Vale of the White Horse Bake Off

46 posts in this topic

Yes I'm sorry to hear too Stewart, I was looking forward to meeting up. Anyway Get Well Soon, and in the meantime take it as easy as you can.

All the best,

VB

Thank you everyone for your wishes, but the most irritating part of this complaint is I cant go to the footie, tried it a few days after the injury. Couldn't sit down, couldn't stand up, couldn't lay down, and the pain killers are not doing the job at the mo. Although I have listened to some rather fabulous radio while I have been at home.

Good luck with your bake-off, and dont let any one turn it up!

S

Cheers Paul, and thanks again for dropping off the speakers :^

Just an update, we are still on the 19th/20th. Hopefully the AE2's will be back by then for a bit of fun Vs the Kolts.

Will anyone want some beer? I can get a small polypin in from the local pub if you do :)

Hi Rob. Sounds like it's coming together nicely - I'm much looking forward to it, specially now you've got the Zen :^

Not too fusssed on the beer, but if a glass was put in my hand, well it would be rude not to ;-)

Cool, will probably get a small polypin then :)

I will be bring Beer and Lager although i do not drink myself. Surplus from my mini bake off. "Hoops on Toast" we had that Sunday! (QPR)

Sounds like a plan then, not sure about food, might just do something easy like slow roast lamb, I will sort something :^

Well thanks for Rich, Graham, Henry and Dave for coming over, been a great weekend.

Various Kit-

Radford STA-15 (Graham)

Homebrew DAC (Rich)

Homebrew Phono (Rich)

AR TT/ Audio Origami PU7 / Transfiguration Aria (Henry)

Aqvox Phono 2CI Phono Stage (Henry)

Sonic Euphoria Passive Pre Amp (Henry)

Ray Samuels Knighthawk Phono Pre Amp (Dave)

And Mine-

Luxman PD-272 / Denon DL-103

Philips CDP-850

Decware Zen

Keesonic Kolts

Some photo's of the kit- (Not the best photo's I am afraid)

7234519348_d8a5b199b1_z.jpg

1 by hoopsontoast, on Flickr

7234528120_8bcdb02895_z.jpg

2 by hoopsontoast, on Flickr

Henrys AR TT-

7234523430_5a9be4d649_z.jpg

3 by hoopsontoast, on Flickr

Rich's DAC/Pre (Top) and Henrys Passive Pre (Bottom)-

7234514940_5fcc58ecef_z.jpg

4 by hoopsontoast, on Flickr

Grahams Radford and HP Test Equipment-

7234505714_71bb97d7dc_z.jpg

5 by hoopsontoast, on Flickr

Dave's Ray Samuels Knighthawk Phono Pre-

7234510398_306891092c_z.jpg

6 by hoopsontoast, on Flickr

And back to normal -

7234501800_7dfcd78cab_z.jpg

7 by hoopsontoast, on Flickr

And Thanks to Dave again, for letting me borrow the Ray Samuels Pre :^

Here's a huge thankyou to Rob for his excellent hospitality (good beer, fine curry, cracking fried breakfast - especially the black pudding !) and to everyone for the great company that you were this weekend. The music was an education and the kit was a revelation. All of it was really interesting but in particular I now know that I need to get hold of a DL-103. And, as Richard said, the Kolts really did make a few converts this weekend ! Thanks again Rob,

VB

Yes, splendid weekend! Great to meet you all and hear some lovely kit playing great music :)

Highlights for me were Grahams lovingly rebuilt Radford, Henrys gorgeous AR and Robs Kolts (which I warmed to greatly over the two days). I'd post some pics but looks like Rob has that well covered already.

Thanks to all but particularly to Rob for his exceptional hospitality :^

Thanks chaps really good weekend! Gonna be a good night, this beer won't drink itself, and the cake......

Really liked the radford, and Henry's AR, heard it before and sounding really good as ever!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Looks like I missed out on breakfast, but I suppose a roast dinner at the in-laws was more than compensation enough!

Thanks Rob, Rich and Graham for a fascinating afternoon/evening. Loved the kit I heard and the Radford was one of those moments when you recognise what the fuss is about. Annoyingly I left my D70 behind because it needed some TLC only to find the kit and expertise it needs was all at Robs!

Just to complete the kit list above, I brought a Transfiguration Aria. Phono stage was my Aqvox Phono 2CI. Pre was my Sonic Euphoria passive.

Rob, the food was delicious and I was in the mood to have had a beer or 2 more, but had to drive home!

Thanks again.

Thanks Rob really enjoyed myself, the cake, coffee and the company. Learnt a few new things and have just bought 3 more CD's listening to some great sounds. Great little system the Kolts in particular and as for the price for the Luxman and Denon what a stonking bargain! Liked Graham's Radfords and the tutorial on vintage valve amps! Goldust. Thanks.