• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Samantha

Fantasy Formula 1 league 2015

513 posts in this topic

It appears that our WigWam league is still there - so are we all going to pick our teams, perhaps a few more join in?

The old league has been updated and renamed "HiFiWigWam"

Currently the 10 players that registered last year are all still members, just need to make your team choices.

Choose 2 drivers, 1 engine, 1 chassis.

If anyone else wishes to join, the league password is "Scalford"

http://www.f1manager.info/

:^

Soooo looking forward to my motorsport fix being back on (especially MotoGP - and I have tickets for Silverstone this year again - hurrah!!)

:close:

Thanks Sam - much appreciated

At the risk of shooting myself in the foot, the 'trick' with this Fantasy F1 game is earning dosh and upgrading aspects of the team. Previous years have handsomely rewarded the choosing of one expensive and three cheap-as-chips options from the start and upgrading each in turn, rather than hedging ones bets and choosing 3 or 4 mediocre choices.

That said, this will probably be the year when that is not the case, but thought I'd mention it as it usually ends with half the field being out of the picture by the time the season is 3 or 4 races old.

Anyhoo, good luck!

Thanks Sam, for kicking this off. Better luck this time! :)

Craig summarises my last season's strategy to a T. :^

Which gave us a neck-to-neck tussle 'til lap 47 of the final race!:fly:

Previous years have handsomely rewarded the choosing of one expensive and three cheap-as-chips options from the start and upgrading each in turn, rather than hedging ones bets and choosing 3 or 4 mediocre choices.

It'd be good to have a closer field this year. And less monotonous race results!

F1manager website is a bit "homebrew" but makes sense if you hang in. Any questions, ask away.

The league snapped my view of last season into focus, and stopped another year going by in a blur.

Have a go, and best of luck!

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing! There was a time when I could have recited stats 'til Murray Walker was bored, but not in the last 15 years... I don't think I have even seen a whole GP for several years!

Still, I'll have a go. :)

I have signed-up for this, never tried anything like it before, but it will certainly add some extra interest to proceedings :cool:

Let it not be said that a lack of knowledge kept us from joining in!

Darn right it will! Your words were my exact position a year ago. The season went rather well. :cool:

I have signed-up for this, never tried anything like it before, but it will certainly add some extra interest to proceedings :cool:

Today/ tomorrow morn is the last chance to get enrolled for the whole season. Craig (post 2) gives good advice.

C'mon wammers old and new. See you on the track! :D

Meh - it'll give the olde-tymers summat to crow about!

I was thinking more along the lines of ignorance has got me this far... ;-)

I've glanced at the F1Manager microblog today, and you can see plenty of folks spreading themselves thin. With limited budget, getting most of your eggs in one of the four baskets is (probably) best - only top 10 placements and close proximity to pole time get to the budget you crave. :)

Previous years have handsomely rewarded the choosing of one expensive and three cheap-as-chips options from the start and upgrading each in turn, rather than hedging ones bets and choosing 3 or 4 mediocre choices.

That said, this will probably be the year when that is not the case, but thought I'd mention it as it usually ends with half the field being out of the picture by the time the season is 3 or 4 races old.

Anyhoo, good luck!

Phew! Just as well nobody had the budget (probably) for Ferrari! That looks like a difficult season.

Just fell outside the 0.5 sec spread around pole for extra points.

Note to self - gotta be awake to check those FP times :zzzz:

I was wa-a-ay outside the pole times.

Oh well.