hifinutt

weybridge show 24-25 march

103 posts in this topic

I agree the tall ceilings probably added 1/3 to the room size and the alcove was a deep bass trap and directly behind the image which was nice and gave a deeper image. But at the cost of a bass trap, so not ideal. The room should have been an uninterupted rectangle. It was also the first time we'd used the Audiophilebase stands but having them off the floor improved the trap.

I met Alister from Artisan Silver cables at the show. I knew of him and that he was on the island but had not met him before. He showed an interest in the treble roll off being of note. Graham another cable manufacturer who never gives anything away and has never really complimented my designs as he's always spotted flaws and clams, said the look and sound were spot on and he couldn't fault em. Judging by their review and Alisters comments I think that treble has in my mind at least perhaps become a moot point in listening fatigue claims?

I agree the tall ceilings probably added 1/3 to the room size and the alcove was a deep bass trap and directly behind the image which was nice and gave a deeper image. But at the cost of a bass trap, so not ideal. The room should have been an uninterupted rectangle. It was also the first time we'd used the Audiophilebase stands but having them off the floor improved the trap.

I met Alister from Artisan Silver cables at the show. I knew of him and that he was on the island but had not met him before. He showed an interest in the treble roll off being of note. Graham another cable manufacturer who never gives anything away and has never really complimented my designs as he's always spotted flaws and clams, said the look and sound were spot on and he couldn't fault em. Judging by their review and Alisters comments I think that treble has in my mind at least perhaps become a moot point in listening fatigue claims?

I dunno really regarding treble. Your speakers were not in any way bright at all - I guess some people like rolled off treble to give a smoothing top end. I personally like fully extended and explicit treble, as it IMO suits the classical music genre well - captures in fiddles accurately for example. It is horses for courses - some people love the uber smooth, almost voluptuous tube sound with air and space galore. Others fancy ultra fast, detailed and "hi res" sounds.

I dunno really regarding treble. Your speakers were not in any way bright at all - I guess some people like rolled off treble to give a smoothing top end. I personally like fully extended and explicit treble, as it IMO suits the classical music genre well - captures in fiddles accurately for example. It is horses for courses - some people love the uber smooth, almost voluptuous tube sound with air and space galore. Others fancy ultra fast, detailed and "hi res" sounds.
That's the hard thing about designing speakers. I never know what they are going to sound like until I hear them, they all sound as different as they look but the trends in sound need accommodating and then there's personal taste and aesthetic pleasure. Still like doing it though.

Hi David

Good to see your participation on the forum. Please would you register as a dealer/manufacturer before continuing? Thanks :^

That's the hard thing about designing speakers. I never know what they are going to sound like until I hear them, they all sound as different as they look but the trends in sound need accommodating and then there's personal taste and aesthetic pleasure. Still like doing it though.

Good on you, David. You have a great and different product in the D&W sonix - they do some things like I have never heard before - really cavernous image with loads of space and air. I have never heard anything quite like that. I am sure they will do extremely well.

JoSound are vey glad that you enjoyed our room. We actively encourage all who attend shows, like this, to bring thier own music and are always glad to play it for them.

We have yet to find a musical style that we don't like ... now there is a challenge

That is the hard thing. But you didn't design the bronze speakers, you bought the old cabinets on eBay and stuck in your own (unusual) choice of driver:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200688850702

That is the hard thing. But you didn't design the bronze speakers, you bought the old cabinets on eBay and stuck in your own (unusual) choice of driver:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200688850702

Blimey!!!!!

If I hadn't been watching that auction myself back then I'd have never have known...

How many other multi-thousand pound 'designs' are other people's work or found items?

If I hadn't been watching that auction myself back then I'd have never have known...

How many other multi-thousand pound 'designs' are other people's work or found items?

40k!!!

£40k now is it?

Originally he ran an auction for quick sale after sticking in the Tannoy drivers, starting at £10k:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-Hart-Audio-King-Pod-Cast-Phosphor-Bronze-Speakers-Hydraulic-Stands-/190646853028?nma=true&si=%2Bo96%2FsDHRi9mUxyvaQQOmWedEfM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

According to Jerry of hifipig (old Jandl100), Hart said he'd drop to £20k as he was now selling direct.

£40k now is it?

Originally he ran an auction for quick sale after sticking in the Tannoy drivers, starting at £10k:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-Hart-Audio-King-Pod-Cast-Phosphor-Bronze-Speakers-Hydraulic-Stands-/190646853028?nma=true&si=%2Bo96%2FsDHRi9mUxyvaQQOmWedEfM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

According to Jerry of hifipig (old Jandl100), Hart said he'd drop to £20k as demand wasn't as strong as he'd anticipated..

http://www.hartaudio.com/Hart+Audio+Shop/Hart+Audio++D%26W+Aural+Pleasure++Loudspeakers+Cast+in+Bronze%2C+Silver+%26+18ct+Gold+.html