• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
hifinutt

weybridge show 24-25 march

103 posts in this topic

Could almost be tempted, and looks do-able with public transport (Walton on Thames looks to be within walking distance of the venue). Or maybe Weybridge itself? Can anyone find a comprehensive list of exhibitors? The Chester Group website is a bit of a mish-mash in this department.

Could almost be tempted, and looks do-able with public transport (Walton on Thames looks to be within walking distance of the venue). Or maybe Weybridge itself? Can anyone find a comprehensive list of exhibitors? The Chester Group website is a bit of a mish-mash in this department.

Here is the list:

http://www.chestergroup.org/index.php/audio-world-exhibitor-list

Not inspiring - only 28 exhibitors

Used to live down the road, it's a fair walk from either but doable. Exhibitors look thin on the ground when you notice some of the products listed are being shown by the same exhibitor, half the size of Scalford?

Seeing as its not to far away I'll be probably going and 28 exhibitors is not to bad might get to hear everything for a change.

Dean..

Too far away for me but see that DCS are going to be there have alwasy wanted to hear their full set up but in the relative hi fi dessert that is the North West , Liverpool in paticular (not a single hi fi dealer ) never had even the sniff of a chance .

Here is the list:

http://www.chestergroup.org/index.php/audio-world-exhibitor-list

Not inspiring - only 28 exhibitors

the guildford show only had a about 4 exhibitors but it was absolutely cracking , quality rather than quantity

So which is the biggest hi-fi show (selling equipment) in the UK now? Surely it can't be Bristol?! The Heathrow show used to huuuuuge years ago when I last went...is this a tiny replacement?

it might be whittlebury but i think small is beautiful , there isn`t the time to get round these big shows in one day

I am going to this as I am in the area fortuitously anyway :)

So just got back after an early start to get from the exact wrong side of London.

Some very interesting stuff, some awful sounding rooms and gear, and an awful lots of tubes in evidence.

The 'right note' room sounded good as it should since I estimated the gear to be worth about 70k

Also enjoyed the monarch turntable int eh inspire room when I dropped off my linn for a Vivid upgrade.

Townsend was very good too.

Highlight to me though was the bodnar horns in the fidelity art uk room.

In my opinion they were orders of magnitude better than any other room there, and the horns were only £3400, and blew away the £11k Focus in other rooms

One thing that surprised me though was why bother setting up all that gear and then ignore people when they come in your room and keep talking amongst yourselves so no one can hear the music? Yes Audion, I'm talking about you!

Had a brief look round this morning. Nice venue, some fairly grand rooms with high ceilings.

It was interesting to see & hear Inspire's Monarch DD turntable and their 'LP12 takes a 12" arm' conversion. A larger plinth, a wider armboard and apparently some counter weight on the left end of the subchassis to compensate for the extra weight & distance presented by mounting a 12" in this case a very nice looking AO PU7 in an understated black finish with silver counterweight.

Props to Martin G of Audionote for playing Message to you Rudy & some Headhunter via an Oto & J's. No plinky plonk in there.

Had a chat with John Howes who was helping in the Voxativ room where they were playing some huge flat, piano finished folded horns. These carried their fully permendured field coil drivers £££££ !

Audion now seem to have acquired Revolver and had 2 rooms playing that combination.

Max Townshend hadn't had to come far (a mile or two) and was playing some large multiway speakers via his SE monos and the TVC pre. Sounded very pleasant on the Albinoni/Vivaldi that they were playing.

A couple of rooms had largeish Focals in them and there were various other speaker systems several seemingly based on Lowther type drivers although I don't think they were Lowthers.

Hart Audio was playing some cast bronze speakers that looked like a larger version of the BlueRoom minpods. These were the subject of a lively thread on AoS recently as they were reputedly some B&W prototype cast offs. Not my thing anyway.

I saw Alan Sircom & Beobloke (Adam) wandering round so I presume there'll be coverage in the mags. I had taken a camera with me & would have taken pics had the batteries not died when I turned it on. Hopefully someone else will oblige.

All in all a decent enough small show. Worth a look if you are reasonably near but perhaps not worth travelling the length of the country for!