themadlatvian

Austrian Death Machine

21 posts in this topic

Following my seminal experience in Serge's room, I now find that I have suddenly become a fan of ADM.

I don't know how I have lived without Thrash for so much of my life. It all now makes sense.

I spent quite a lot of time searching for a karaoke version of 'Get to the Choppa' this afternoon, so that I could share my cultural awakening with the rest of my village in the pub this evening.

Which makes the BLEATING coming from certain quarters about 105db for 8 nanoseconds all the more annoying.

For me, it was one of the highlights of the show. I would not have wanted to continue listening at that SPL for much longer, but for as long as it lasted, it was most enjoyable.

Musically, my whole approach to life has now taken a new-found direction.

There were only about ten (at most) of us in Serge's room when this magnificent experience occurred. So some people's claims of having been there are completely false. As usual, the loudest objections come from those jump on the bandwagon; I will name them audiotrolls. :off:

Surely I am not alone in thinking that those Nancies who are objecting to such voluminous musical opulence, both here and in another place, can F**K OFF!!

Great show, rant over. (Possibly)

:^

I liked it when Serge played the Albinoni adagio for strings :minikev:

Greg - I love many of Albinoni's adagios and other slow pieces.

So there! (Hope you are well :))

:^

he played (i think) elgars' cello in (i think) c minus , i drifted away and away :love: as every one know i'm a handel to hendrix and everything before and after , but it was a moment

A bit of momentum is developing here, could this become the 'Wam anthem ?

It is fast taking over the infamous brass band CD as the most talked-about music at a Show..........

k

PS I must listen to ADM somewhen !

Going to have to stop repping Serge, it's making me itch ;-)

Wish i could tell the kids "i was there" but alas it would be a lie.

Don't suppose there is any video footage?

But was treated to it on friday night at jacks.

Not something i'd ever go near but have to say through his system it sounded so so good with real control and tight as you like.

Fantastic stuff.:^

I think you will find jack was pushing this audio crack track all over the show - we had a pretty deafening excerpt though the tannoys (12's I think) on the saturday night too - my hearing survived but I haven't been tempted to purchase the offending album yet

He did threaten to bring it down to my room but i got away with it.

Cheers for putting me up in your tannoy room for a couple of hours on sat night darren.

Nice and relaxing listening to some great sounds.:^

[video=youtube;tPIO86jTrQQ]

That's always been my view on it too. Its loud but lightweight. No point in having 20Hz +/- 0.

Why can't they play that with a stonking 5th string bass line with it - then it really would :notworthy::rockin:

Or the chopper rotors - ala Floyd? Austrian lightweights:)

Cool vid though isn't it.

a bit light on the deep attacking bass though....jack will have to do better next time:P

Dealer

Austrian Death Machine caused quite a reaction, it is the future of hifi show test tracks.

Some people clearly don't understand. True educational experiences are often controversial...

[video=youtube_share;WQF_DR_uDU4]http://youtu.be/WQF_DR_uDU4

ADM are nothing! Some complete Psychopath in one room asked for the "Battle on the Ice" from Alexander Nevsky - choirs, full orchestra, brass and all sorts of noisy shit! Madness!

(I loved it really Madlat)