paulf-2007

mystery visitor

22 posts in this topic

I was in the Windsor room with Def and Cambs 12 when a smartly dressed gentleman in a suit and an accent from foreign climes came in with his aluminium record case and asked if were playing records. I duly obliged and when the track he requested finished myself and Dan urged him to play some more of his fine music. He said I will let someone else play theirs and I will come back later and test the system for pace. Anyone have any idea who this chap was?

A real gent, always polite and courteous.

It was Kostas,we met him at the front door later on.Nice bloke.

A very nice guy indeed. In fact you're far too nice Kostas. You were at the end of the breakfast queue when we arrived and without thinking the missus and I carelessly barged in front of you (can you barge carelessly ... ?) :oops:. Anyway we'd all taken a couple of steps before we realised that you were queuing too and started to apologise. Most people would have coughed pointedly and we would have taken the hint and shuffled back where we belonged. But you just smiled and put us at our ease. A true gent. Thanks.

VB

Had a long chat with him last year, but unfortunately only a few minutes this year. A very interesting, polite and intelligent guy and a credit to the forum. I do wish he'd post more often, I have the feeling that there is a wealth of experience there.

He should have been first in for breakfast as he asked me where the dining room was and that he was starving. He was actually standing outside it but the door was closed. Your descriptions describe him to a tee, yes indeed a true gent. If he reads this I would like his take on my 401, an honest opinion is probably easier by pm and I won't take offence at any shortcomings highlighted. Anyone is free to post here if they got to hear it.

A very nice guy indeed. In fact you're far too nice Kostas. You were at the end of the breakfast queue when we arrived and without thinking the missus and I carelessly barged in front of you (can you barge carelessly ... ?) :oops:. Anyway we'd all taken a couple of steps before we realised that you were queuing too and started to apologise. Most people would have coughed pointedly and we would have taken the hint and shuffled back where we belonged. But you just smiled and put us at our ease. A true gent. Thanks.

VB

He should have been first in for breakfast as he asked me where the dining room was and that he was starving. He was actually standing outside it but the door was closed. Your descriptions describe him to a tee, yes indeed a true gent. If he reads this I would like his take on my 401, an honest opinion is probably easier by pm and I won't take offence at any shortcomings highlighted. Anyone is free to post here if they got to hear it.

Cannot comment on it from an audio perspective, but the plinth you'd made for it was stunning. My Dad is a bespoke furniture manufacturer by trade so I'm fairly familiar with what goes into a quality finish and that was really top notch.

I had a good chat with Kostas and played his quite remarkable direct cut record that he had, the African school kids track on it was a real rhythmic torture test.

Heh, Kostas is already a show legend. He had his own thread last year.

Kostas, just in case you are an undercover billionaire benefactor looking to bequeath untold riches, I'm your biggest fan. Ignore this crew. :P

Admin
Heh, Kostas is already a show legend. He had his own thread last year.

Kostas, just in case you are an undercover billionaire benefactor looking to bequeath untold riches, I'm your biggest fan. Ignore this crew. :P

Brown noser