Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

take5

Stop moaning

47 posts in this topic

I cant believe the amount of negativity that is flying around!

Just unbelievable.

2 days after a hugely successful show. I just cant believe it.

We should be doing NOTHING but reflecting in the glory of what happened.

Yes, possibly some things could have been improved. But now is not the time.

The guys in charge did a fantastic job. leave it to them . This isnt a democracy. It wouldnt work. If they want ideas debated, let them suggest it in 6 months. Not now!!!!!

Next thing we will be hiring in PR folks. appointing a project manager. a financial advisor. a man in a yellow jacket, directing traffic. Someone on the front door inspecting the suitability of any music brought in. Sorry sir, I cant let you in with that tie and suit on. Jeez, its an enthusiasts show, for us. Rough edges and all, it is fantastic.

Lets savour this, not start in-fighting.

Good posting - Repped. It was a superb effort, my first Scalford and I was well impressed by the systems and the organisation.

What's more, my sister who came along - who doesn't even own a stereo - came away thinking seriously about getting into hifi! If that's not a barometer of the success of the show I don't know what is!

Indeed. Having missed the show for the third year running I'm not really in a position to comment, but I can't help but feel a lot of the negativity is coming from a position of not understanding the roots of the show (ie one great big bakeoff), and expecting it to be something it's not (ie a hifi show). As with anything "underground" that becomes a success the motivation and roots of the original can easily get lost.

Ethos??

WTF??

Purlease let's not start having an Ethos. We'll be sounding like........

Oh yes we need a change management workshop to establish the Wam's ethos............

I couldn't be a member of any forum that had an ethos :nup:

We have a Sodbury and a stuffed cat, we don't need no ethos :x