Eckythump

Full English in Melton?

7 posts in this topic

I'm driving down for the day on Sunday and after 3 hours in the car I'm going need a decent feed.

The day is a big treat for me, all that lovely hifi and a pass out from the wife and kids.

I have lunch sorted with my pie on order. Where can I go either in Melton or nearby for a breakfast of beauty? I'm thinking perfectly poached eggs, local sausage and bacon, Heinz beans, mushrooms, thick toast.....nom nom nom. A glorious view out of the window and a waitress with a very short skirt would be nice too :upgrade:

I'm driving down for the day on Sunday and after 3 hours in the car I'm going need a decent feed.

The day is a big treat for me, all that lovely hifi and a pass out from the wife and kids.

I have lunch sorted with my pie on order. Where can I go either in Melton or nearby for a breakfast of beauty? I'm thinking perfectly poached eggs, local sausage and bacon, Heinz beans, mushrooms, thick toast.....nom nom nom. A glorious view out of the window and a waitress with a very short skirt would be nice too :upgrade:

Count me in on this breakie, as long as the waitress isn't called Ethel and is 80!

Come on you local lot.

Don't make me stop at Macdonalds or God forbid, Little Chef.

These places upset my delicate constitution and trust me, you don't want me leaving an eggy air biscuit in your room.

I'm not a local but from a wee bit of knowledge of the area I believe your best bet would be to book into a good bed and breakfast the night before. The lack of replies is perhaps because what you are looking for doesn't exist..... :oops::nup:

Thanks Fergie. Yes, an internet search didn't find me anything interesting.

Wigan Beer Festival on the Saturday prevents me from driving down that night.

I'm skirting Nottingham on the way in. Anything to the South of the city?

Sorry Phil but I don't know that part of the world but maybe someone in the Wam from the Nottingham area can give you a recommendation. Good luck.

All the best.

Fergie

Is there anyone in the Nottingham area to help Phil to find a good breakfast?