reddish75

F.S Altec StoneHenge 1's for restoration/project

29 posts in this topic

Hi, i have for sale some Altec StoneHenge 1's speakers, these in the uk are rarer than rare, please be aware these speakers are massive and do consume a fair bit of amplifier wattage.

Specs can explain tech stuff more than i can explain see here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?24131-Need-info-on-427-8A

IMG_1482.jpg

With the pic there are obviously a pair of speakers but i nearly put my back out wrestling the first one back into position:doh:

Condition wise these need work and are missing the tweeter's which can be replaced by modern equivelents from jbl(le20's) or fostex etc, the covers will need new foam/cloth on them and the crossovers could probably benifit from a recap. Cabinet wise they have nik's on them and could do with a good teak oiling and general tlc.

Price wise i really don't know? I know people don't like unpriced items in the classifieds but whatever someone is willing to pay for these seriously rare speakers that need some work.

Delivery can be made using the anyvan network to most uk destinations but is liable to be around £30-40 quid, pickup is welcome but anything smaller than an estate car wont be big enough!

Price sold

Chris

They were designed with you in mind, Stu... :D

I got these loudspeakers as a refurbishment project. As I had about 6 refurbs, now 4, I decided to let them go!

They were acquired without treble units, the replacement units would be Audax TWO-34, these will need to be padded with a resistor at the output of the crossover as they are more efficient than the originals. I have had them running and they sounded fabulous!

They WILL NOT WORK WITH FLEA SIZED amplifiers, rather they need a proper amplifier with a minimum power of 25 watts, and max..............................

Cant understand why these are still here!!!

Have a free bump.

S