griffy

WTB Valve amp

9 posts in this topic

Wanted:

Interested in buying a valve amplifier, either integrated or power (could use my MF X-can v8 headphone amp as a pre?)

I already have a "Audio Institute VR70-E" (same thing as a Dynavox I think) bought from a fellow wammer. Its got quiite a nice sound to it, but I've not got much of a clue where to start on tube rolling or upgrading it, so looking to replace it.

Budget is £500 max.

Thanks in advance!

Probably not,

I have some Ruark floor standers I'd get out of retirement, although it would be interesting to hear the ATC's on a valve amp.

Ive got this beauty for sale still

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?64261-Image-i63-KT88-integrated-amplifier

U can ask Chris (SMEagol) and Graham (gjm) for second opinions on this to confirm how bloody good it is! :)

Hmmm tempting....

I'm guessing it wouldn't be suited to my ATCs after Royds query. ATC's too analytical?

Hey! A valve amp would be ideal with the ATCs it would give them some warmth and and a more musical flavour, instead of a hard analytical sound that comes with some solid states.

I think going down the valve route with ATCs is an excellent idea, whether u buy my partucular amp is neither here nor there. :)

Where in the world are you loosend?

Your amp is heavy!

Its in Port Talbot Wales but if the other side of the moon to u then I can insure and send it via courier so its nice and safe, alternatively ill be in london in a fortnight, via Bristol.

Edit: Ah....Norfolk

If u want a courier and it gets damaged, ill refund u straight away

Buy mine, it's a cracking amp and can be used as a power amp also.

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?62979-ARIAND-FV34B-MKIV-Tube-Int&highlight=