Cambs12

Headphone query...

11 posts in this topic

Looking for a pair of headphones for use with my Ipod touch,whilst out walking.Not easy to demo some of these models,so thought i would enlist the help of Wammers!

Not comfortable with in-ear,so looking at B&W P5,Beyer T50p ,AKG K450 etc.If anyone has any experience with those,or similar,i would be interested in hearing their thoughts.

Listened to Bose,didn't like them at all...Already have Grado SR80is,but just a wee bit big to take out of the house,for fear of looking a bigger eejit than i already am:D

Looking for a pair of headphones for use with my Ipod touch,whilst out walking.

Not comfortable with in-ear,so looking at B&W P5,Beyer T50p ,AKG K450 etc.If anyone has any experience with those,or similar,i would be interested in hearing their thoughts.

Listened to Bose,didn't like them at all...Already have Grado SR80is,but just a wee bit big to take out of the house,for fear of looking a bigger eejit than i already am:D

at ath m50..superb

im a cock.

Looking for a pair of headphones for use with my Ipod touch,whilst out walking.Not easy to demo some of these models,so thought i would enlist the help of Wammers!

Hi have you ever tried koss porta pros ? in my opinion the nicest on the go phones ya can get ! fifteen quid from amazon,well eighties reytro to boot !

i love mine ,they just sound so good !

You could spend a lot less and go for Sennheiser PX100 or PX200. I've got a few headphones and in ear monitors that cost £100-£200 and still use the Senns PX200 on a regular basis because they are so good. Small as well so you don't feel like an idiot wearing them outside.

Thanks for the replies.I have a pair of IGrado also,but they have a high clamping force,which is uncomfortable as a glasses wearer.the Sennheiser were not as good as the Igrado,by some margin imo.The ATs area bit big for out walking,but cheers for your thoughts:^

I use http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/1c7efaa15727a938/index.html

for train and flights - I've even done workouts / jogging in them and they do not fall off.

not sure if they are small enough for you but they are not so big and fairly discreet apart from a blue LED.

I also have in ear Senns 200 and an 800 series. They do sound good but the AT's being over ear are a different experience.

I've had the original version a couple of years now - replaced one cable which is a simple 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack!

Can work without batt also but needs more volume from the player and of course no noise cancelling. They fold up pretty small too.

Hi have you ever tried koss porta pros ? in my opinion the nicest on the go phones ya can get ! fifteen quid from amazon,well eighties reytro to boot !

i love mine ,they just sound so good !

Glad they sound good, because they leak like Hell. I wouldn't touch them if you intend to use them within fifty yards of other folk.

Sorry mate,just a suggestion ?I jog in mine and nobody has a prob,if ya went to a library I them spose it could cause a prob !!!!

Glad they sound good, because they leak like Hell. I wouldn't touch them if you intend to use them within fifty yards of other folk.

Thanks for the replies.I have a pair of IGrado also,but they have a high clamping force,which is uncomfortable as a glasses wearer

Amen to that.

I use a pair of Dr Dre solo (the on-ear rather than over-ear ones) because I am an easily influenced fashion muppet

glam_solo.png

and because they're comfortable with specs, well built, collapse down into a carry case and have a removable cable (that only goes into one side). Not the last word in fidelity (waaay too much bass), and overpriced, but I use them every day and haven't seen anything that fits my wants better. The other ones I'd recommend are the Senn PX 100-II

31vv8nQ0KBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

again fold-up, comfortable with specs, way too much bass. Single but not detachable cable, and they don't cut out as much ambient noise as the Dr Dre thingies. Much, much cheaper.