chelseadave

Speakers for 2012

18 posts in this topic

Speakers i would like to hear in 2012 are:- Decware DNA (small horn speaker)

Devore Orangutan (similar to Audio Note)

Acoustic Plan Veena (open baffle)

Why did you choose those manufacturers and models in particular, what are your sound objectives and expectations?

Ric

Just curious to hear what they sound like and maybe a better fit in my room.

Why did you choose those manufacturers and models in particular, what are your sound objectives and expectations?

Ric

well that hardly be a good enough answer can it? You mean some vague whim??? For FUN FFS?

Good god man surely you have a three page spreadsheet with floating interval columns and cross tab indexing which has exact lists based on twin mic room resonance readings?????

:doh:

;-):)

well that hardly be a good enough answer can it? You mean some vague whim??? For FUN FFS?

Good god man surely you have a three page spreadsheet with floating interval columns and cross tab indexing which has exact lists based on twin mic room resonance readings?????

:doh:

;-):)

You forgot the graphs :roll:

What are your current speakers' shortcomings?

You amplifiers are quite powerful which gives you acess to a wide range of speakers.

Do you have a large room?

I thought your Vaughn Cabernets sounded fine at Scalford last year. It'll take a really good set of speakers to beat them.

Looks like you've gone from the Frankensteins to the Dragon amps. Any comments on how they sound compared to each other in your system, please Dave?

Fritz Carbon 7s

a DynAudio something or other.

Sonics Allegra

Gethein!

dave haven't heard the decware model you mention but I have owned the deware rl 3 amazing speakers really regret selling mine i would buy another pair at the drop of a hat if a pair came up also owned the zen amps again very good so cannot recommend decware products enough superb value for money

Well i love my speakers they are fantastic and my room size is 21' x 12'. I need a bigger room, i might have to move. But you know is there something BETTER out there? Are they better than mine? I have a problem. I will soon be back at the Priory again! The Franks sound a bit warmer in the midrange but the bass on the Dragons is punchier plus the new Bash amp (300 watts) driven bass. I looked at the Decware DNA and liked it's size with the 6 wpc triode amps installed you could hook it up with an audiola 8200 cdq, (the one with a preamp) for a second system.

dave haven't heard the decware model you mention but I have owned the deware rl 3 amazing speakers really regret selling mine i would buy another pair at the drop of a hat if a pair came up also owned the zen amps again very good so cannot recommend decware products enough superb value for money

Don't we all Mick :doh:

If you do ever move to a bigger room, you might want to check-out proper sized corner horns such as EV Patricians.

I also think that a large comfortable fully-furnished listening room well-separated from any neighbours is a good upgrade for any system.

That's what im thinking, a new detached house. The Patricians are a bit big, alternativly there is the Shindo Lafite speakers but where would you hear a dem?