i_should_coco

Tube testing

87 posts in this topic

If there's enough interest I can lug the tester along and do some valve testing.

I don't want to get bogged down testing hundreds of tubes, so would limit it to a sensible number per person. Or maybe I'll charge with proceeds to charity. Anyway, post if you're interested or even if you think it's a shit idea.

I'm very interested in that. It'd be nice to know what state the tubes in my amp are in. They are supposed to be 2 matched quads of el34's.

DEALER

I'll be there testing beer and also will be happy to take charity donations.

I'll be there testing beer and also will be happy to take charity donations.

Problem is the beer's worn out once you test it.

Especially if you have a pile of photocopied sheets explaining what it all means Basil! :D

:^

I think it is a great idea, but I'm sure others will agree that we'd not wish for you to miss out on anything on Sunday.

How long does it take to test a tube?

I think it is a great idea, but I'm sure others will agree that we'd not wish for you to miss out on anything on Sunday.

How long does it take to test a tube?

Probably about 15 mins minimum for a quad. I'm sure there won't be *that* much demand!

Probably about 15 mins minimum for a quad. I'm sure there won't be *that* much demand!

You think? :shock: LOL

I have 8 el34's that are 'new'...but since I have no idea what the testing does, ????

However, should you and tool appear lunchtime or ish, you will be fed pie whilst probing.

I think my tube could do with testing, mind you if the beer's any good a rebore might be in order...

"However, should you and tool appear lunchtime or ish, you will be fed pie whilst probing."

i suspect the mountain would have to go to mohammed richard - from memory the tester is not really strap on sized