FidelityArt

PAB Isolation Platforms, Racks, Stands and Feet

43 posts in this topic

Report from dynamic measurements of the anti-vibration platform constructed by Pro Audio Bono.

Measuring free vibration of the top shelf of the platform in three directions: A, H and V, with different loads up to 46.7kg, simulating the load with equipment. The measurements were made according to the drawing below:

[ATTACH]6305[/ATTACH]

The results are below

[ATTACH]6307[/ATTACH]

From the picture above, you can see that the resonance amplitude is not exeeding 14Hz and after loading weight of 20kg is dropping down to 10Hz which is far below ear perception.

Dynamic measurements to follow...

[ATTACH]6470[/ATTACH]

When machine was placed on the concrete floor the RMS went up to 20mm/s

When I was at Garrard the only way to get a reliable measure for rumble on non-suspended decks was to use a huge crude version of this sort of device. Without the rumble measurement picked up traffic driving by 4 floors down across the carpark, as well as everybody walking in the lab.

I am not surprised the isolation removed a lot of warmth since this is a characteristic of no isolation, the lack of mechanical isolation results in the re-pickup of environmental sounds and vibration as a sort of added lower frequency reverberation, which can sound nice, and be great for bass lovers but is not on the record.

chris( very nice chap ) sent me one of these very nice looking plinths today for a home loan , which was nice as all other dealers i spoke to about isolation platforms want your credit card before they send you anything to try out Very nicely built and looks nice , standard wood plinth version oak finish matches my rack floor & speakers exactly

tried with my Dcs cd & Marantz bluray , both sounded better seems to work even when placed right next to my speakers on the floor & cranked up very loud with some deep techno

noticed increase in low level detal , with better separation & will try it tomorrow under my TT & Pre amp and maybe some of the heavier units with double plinths for my mono blocks , wonder what there higher spec units SE & REF & acyrlic versions sound like , will be a keeper i think this one

just to add to this thread

Kris very kindly delivered a PAB rack to my house

so far i'm very impressed with the build and sturdy nature of it and it definitely makes a statement visually

price compares very very favourably to other similar large footprints racks from the likes of Finite Elemente and SRA

_MG_8278.jpg

rack looks great great rich very nice set up

could i ask a question , tron seven always wanted to know how they sounded also shilabe MC worried about record damage at 3gms tracking

look like a match made in heaven , Nb rugs ties the room up nicely