Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

s2000db

Formula One 2012

972 posts in this topic

In the same way that there isn't a single advert during play on a $ky Sports football match, there isn't going to be a single ad during a race, qualifying session or practice. Those being the practices that will now be broadcast.

Yep, no ads during the races, and a full channel dedicated to F1. All highlights still on BBC1 and many races on BBC1 in full.

If Sky don't do a catholic on us and pull out at the last minute on the "Free to all HD users" deal, it will be rather good I think.

Oh and no EJ on either side. so we won;t have to watch the interviews through the gaps in our fingers.. :doh:

Oh and no EJ on either side. so we won;t have to watch the interviews through the gaps in our fingers.. :doh:

I thought EJ was staying as part of the BBC team.

So you do think we will see Jarno Trulli on the grid next year (a Mike Gascoigne fave) or will he be wine making a bit more than usual.....?

Really though Sutil, who is average at best, over Barrichello ?

That's a bit harsh - he ripped Di Resta a new one in the second half of the season. He's reputedly dog muck at development, but if the car's balanced he seems well capabale of ringing it's neck (I'll set em up, you knock em down, Oz)

I think Trulli's a gonner at Caterham - Petrov's brining so much dosh with him that he's the new Diniz - just about fast enough, and way too rich to say no to.

I think Trulli has been lucky to retain his seat for as long as he has. Gone are the days when he could qualify his car beyond it's capabilities, and let's be honest he wasn't the greatest racer either. Regardless of machinery. I think he just lacked that last bit of motivation once the top teams lost interest. He was a "head" driver like Fisichella. He had to feel wanted to get his head straight. Can't really blame him for that but that isn't how F1 works.

As for Sutil, so he beat his much less experience, rookie teammate. So he should have done but from the beginning of the season not when it suited him. That's one of the reasons why the team didn't want to retain him (Plus his pending court appearance). Sutil's a good driver, a safe pair of hands, but he has plateaued. At his age he should still be moving forward, learning. He has peaked and while he will hold his own, nobody can see him giving much more. Hence the options not existing for him.

I see Damon Hill has joined in the fun at Sky F1.......

Kimi has been out playing with new black and gold toys, and finding going, stopping and turning 'okay I guess'.

I see that the 'mysterious' ride height contraptions, that Lotus and Ferrari were trying to use this year have bee banned...

Apparently it was masquerading as an aerodynamic aid... :? (who'd of guessed that..)

Anyone reckon the new aero rules and exhaust regs will slow down the Red Bulls this year??

I see that the 'mysterious' ride height contraptions, that Lotus and Ferrari were trying to use this year have bee banned...

Apparently it was masquerading as an aerodynamic aid... :? (who'd of guessed that..)

Anyone reckon the new aero rules and exhaust regs will slow down the Red Bulls this year??

There's an intersting podcast this month on motorsport mag, where they have a good interview with Pat Symonds - he gives a good overview of what to expect on the techincal side.

(When I say interesting, it's the content which is interesting: they are all as dull as ditchwater to listen to.)

If the car and Vettel get on, I doubt it'll make much difference.

Virgin Media are carrying the Sky Sports F1 channel. It will be added to the sports package or sport and movie package at no extra cost (but you will not be able to have it as a standalone package). It will be standard definition only via Virgin, Sky are obviously choosing to keep the HD version in house in the short term.

There's an intersting podcast this month on motorsport mag, where they have a good interview with Pat Symonds - he gives a good overview of what to expect on the techincal side.

(When I say interesting, it's the content which is interesting: they are all as dull as ditchwater to listen to.)

The podcast was a bit "dry" but some very interesting insights.