In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

s2000db

Formula One 2012

972 posts in this topic

Williams sign Bruno Senna........hmmmm.....not sure how I feel about that:doh:

Indeed - can't help but think they'd have been better served with Rubens for one more season while they adjust to all the other changes they've made.

Money. Pure and simple.

I have followed and been a fan of Williams since 1980. I have supported them during the highs and the lows. They have always been pragmatic and this is another case of plus ca change. I haven't always agreed with their decisions but who am I ?

Senna brings a huge amount of backing plus the marketing potential of a "Senna back in a Williams".

Was it the right choice ? I cannot see it being good to have 2 drivers with limited experience. Maldonado has only had the 1 year. So far Senna has been a part time journey-man. While Senna has the intelligence and technical ability to be able to assist the development of this years car, he lacks racing experience. And you need both to give the team the full package.

All the changes that have taken place over the last year have destablised the team. While never a fan, I think Barachello would have maintained a balance. His experience and maturity would have helped to calm some of the choppy waters.

Williams have often followed the money since the Tobacco heyday. This is another case of having limited funds for the staff changes and car development, forcing their hand. Right or wrong, that's the way they operate.

....and another thing.......it grinds my nuts that somebody of Barrichello standing and longevity didn't get the opportunity to say goodbye to his fans and the circus. From what I gather from his reputation, he will be devastated :X

I don't have a good felling about Senna in a Williams, sorry but I don't........

They should have kept Barrichello, but hey we don't know the whole story.

Best cars, best drivers? Not anymore, actually not been like that for a while, shame.......

Sutil is a steady performer but was out of the picture once he was charged with assault from the fracas in that Shanghai nightclub. Senna has the money and marketing potential. Barrichello has some money but huge experience.

What would I choose ?
Take Senna and Barrichello. Get rid of Maldonado.

But hey, I don't get to make these decisions :roll:

[quote name='Ozexpat']Sutil is a steady performer but was out of the picture once he was charged with assault from the fracas in that Japanese nightclub. Senna has the money and marketing potential. Barrichello has some money but huge experience.

What would I choose ?
Take Senna and Barrichello. Get rid of Maldonado.

But hey, I don't get to make these decisions :roll:[/QUOTE]

If it were my choice i'd take Senna and drop Rubens and keep Sutil.

I understand that Martin Brundle will only be on Sky. IMHO that's a big shame. I thought he was by far and away the best commentator. Another reason why, like some others on here, my enthusiasm is waning.

[quote name='hifiwigwam']If it were my choice i'd take Senna and drop Rubens and keep Sutil.[/QUOTE]

Interesting James, that you see Sutil as being a better prospect than Rubens ? Sutil wasn't a very good development driver nor was he an outstanding racer. Rubens is a proven race winner, albeit in superior machinery, and is a great development driver. He has been portrayed as "old school" and is certainly limited as far as age is concerned. But Sutil has peaked, according to those who know. Where's the potential ? Steady or proven ?

Really though Sutil, who is average at best, over Barrichello ?

F1 coverage is excellent as it is,
when ITV had the contract they used BBC facilities and crews,
with Sky you'll be paying to watch adverts, nice :doh:
The BBC are bolloxed, they've effectively had their funding cut with the freeze on
the license fee, at least they've struck a deal where BBC viewers will still get
a good chunk of the coverage.

[quote name='dinkydave']What does everyone have against Sky :?. Every sport I have seen sky do (Football, Cricket, Dart, American Football.....) they have improved the viewing pleasure. They will do the same with F1 :^ (bound to show more of the paddock babes if nothing else :love:)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lokes']with Sky you'll be paying to watch adverts,[/QUOTE]

In the same way that there isn't a single advert during play on a $ky Sports football match, there isn't going to be a single ad during a race, qualifying session or practice. Those being the practices that will now be broadcast.