s2000db

Formula One 2012

972 posts in this topic

Well the new season is a few months away, will we see more teams challenge for wins this year? I do hope so... I'd like to see a stronger Ferrari , and perhaps another team contest for podium places..

Also what will the Sky franchise add to the spectacle? It seems that they will be dedicating a whole channel to it, but will it be repetitive and samey, or genuinely a new dawn for the sports coverage.. We will soon know..

The whole BBC/$ky deal has soured F1 for me. Been a fan for 40+ years, but not sure I'll bother anymore. Beeb don't care about the fans, teams don't care, and $ky are $ky. If non of them give a shit, why should I?

If I weaken and watch again, it will probably be via torrent download or RTL live stream.... maybe.

Well you'll still get the race broadcast later on the Beeb, so you won't miss anything.

Imo if the Beeb stop paying over the odds for some of their talent, they would have enough to pay for F1.. Ffs, Alan Hansen £40k per week, and Alesha Dixon, £600k per year is just a small example of their stupidity, commercial stations can't even compete against that...:roll:

I've followed F1 keenly since being indoctrinated as a nipper, 30+ years ago, but I will not follow it beyond the Murdoch Wall. And am mightily pissed off about it but looking forward to the season anyway. Just hope the beeb coverage is acceptable :roll:

Aye, but highlights just don't do it for me. It misses out on so much of the atmosphere, tension, tactics and struggles. It's like going back to the bad old days when the beeb showed a few clips days after the event, with Murray adding a few comments from a studio in London. It's lost it's magic for me, and I'm not sure I can be bothered any more. Time will tell I guess.

Err that link says 10 races live :?

What does everyone have against Sky :?. Every sport I have seen sky do (Football, Cricket, Dart, American Football.....) they have improved the viewing pleasure. They will do the same with F1 :^ (bound to show more of the paddock babes if nothing else :love:)

Tel, the beeb are showing 10 races live, and highlights only for the other 10. I was answering Nick's (enbee23) question about will the non live races be shown in full later... Looks like "No".

Tel, the beeb are showing 10 races live, and highlights only for the other 10. I was answering Nick's (enbee23) question about will the non live races be shown in full later... Looks like "No".

Gotcha :^

What does everyone have against Sky :?

Rupert Fucking Murdoch.

Especially putting money in his pocket, I wouldn't pay for Sky under any circumstances.

Can't wait for it, and i'm off to Silverstone this year!!

Hopefully some more challenge, hopefully from McLaren but i'm not holding my breath at this stage!!

RE: Sky - i'm waiting to see if Virgin can get hold of it, as said football on Sky is much better than it is on BBC/ITV, so i'll wait and see what it costs me, it pure and simple won't be worth £20-30 a month tho.