Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Vinyl Art

6p14p tubes..EL84s

14 posts in this topic

While I have the money i will be buying a set oif 8 of these Russian tubes as my next set to replace the EH as and when the time comes. There seems to be a multitude of possibilities..gold grids, Ev, ER etc...any recomendations out there or explanations of the differences?

cheers

^What he said.

The 6Π14Π-EB (in cyrillic - often transliterated as 6p14p-ev or 6pi14pi-ev) is the Mil-Spec version of the standard 6Π14Π, and has a significantly longer rated lifespan than even 'golden era' NOS.

hi bob, i got eight for my tube tec unisis, sodders give me i link to buy them, as he has a lot of them in his bill beard amp , fine valves for little money

I tried the Gold Lion reissues..8 in total. They sound Great, ..........Briefly. Went through 5 of 8 in a year and a half.

The 6P14P-EV tubes sound great, especially for the money.

It is too bad the Lion's are not more robust. They even feel fragile in your hand compared to the 6p's

But Man o Man they sound Awesome when fresh and balanced.

Unfortunately very fragile

Happy to you!, Earl :)

Hmmm... Well warned. Fragility seems to be an abiding characteristic of Gold Lion branded tubes of all kinds... :?

.... I will bet you a Drink that when you get them you Need to try them :)

Cheers guys, just bought 8 of the puppies, won't be using them until the EHs give up the ghost.

Done my el84 rolling. These are silly good VFM, and I will add from my experience that there's no point in buying older tubes unlike the supertube stuff; the transconductance is high but the emissions are way lower than later 80s/90s tubes. Enjoy!

They even feel fragile in your hand compared to the 6p's

Hmm. In my (limited) experience, even 50s Mullard and Brimar EL84 feel fragile in your hand compared to the Russian varieties. Is everything else fragile, or are the Ruskies heavy and crude? :P

Do I need any new EL84 for my Leak ? No I do not.

Do I tube roll ? No I do not.

I am still mightily tempted by these JB - especially when I read the price was for a pair. Curse you for the temptation ;-)

Just wanted to add that I too use the GL reissues but have had no problems in over a year. Variable things valves !

Cheers, Ian.