Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Biscuit

Bake-off on 30th

86 posts in this topic

hifiwigwam wrote:

Duvet wrote:
you could send along some of your wares Frank for some A/B blind testing. Just remember to ahem... label them . Of course not a word of this to CJ and Tones

Cracking Idea Duvet.

Some impartial blind testing would be a real test.

Will you have the time? Remember how the time just whizzed by when we were at Chris's? If Tony brings all his kit along you'll be drooling over that plenty too :cool:

Effem wrote:

I'm not too sure I'm going to be able to make it on the 30th.

The machinery of the forthcoming house move is grinding nearer to a conclusion, so that might be the very weekend it's all going to happen :x

I was looking forward to meeting you Frank, and picking up my commission for all my promotional work for your cables:dude:

I'll do my best to make it because I really do enjoy a geekery fest.

In the fortunate position of not having to move out of the old house in a hurry so may be able to shift the moving dates around to suit.

Having sleepless nights about this bakeoff already.

The house move business is driving me nuts at the moment because we have reached the stage where all the surveys, searches, stupid questions and the legalise is all sorted out, so all we are sitting in a void of inactivity waiting for is the papers swap and money exchangebit to happen.

Unlike the rest of you lot I'm not a beer sponge to start with, so while you lot are pouring gallons ofpoison down your necks, carousing in a disorderly manner, leering at womenand singing filthy rugby songs,I'll be drinking very modestly.

I do enjoy a good smelly curry that's for sure so that part of the event I will enjoy.

As for what kit to bring with me, with Tony in attendance he'll probably steal allthe limelight with his gear so I can't think what to chuck in the car to bring along that anyone would be interested in.

Driving home the next day means that I won't be getting really really trollied either, so I wouldn't worry. I'm not a consistent big drinker, I either soak up lots without any problem, or get wasted off 2 pints, so I'll probably join you in moderate drinking.

Your kit looks awesome Effem, wouldn't mind hearing a good pre/power combo with my speakers, so maybe you could bring that ;)

I thought just for a giggle I might bring along the pair ofinexpensive Scott floorstanders I bought and see how theyfare at the forthcoming rain dance (Wigwam . . . . rain dance . . . . . no? . . . . . oh well,please yourselves).

I already know what they sound like held up against my Canton's at 9 times the pricebut it will add a bit of piquant spice to all those of you who still think speakers are always the first choice in a system :cool:

BTW for those of you at the last shebang that were impressed by whatthe Myryad pre and the PS Audio power could do, then be prepared to be pleasantly surprised by what the Parasound pre haspulled out of the hat;)

Effem wrote:

I thought just for a giggle I might bring along the pair of inexpensive Scott floorstanders I bought and see how they fare at the forthcoming rain dance (Wigwam . . . . rain dance . . . . . no? . . . . . oh well, please yourselves).

I already know what they sound like held up against my Canton's at 9 times the price but it will add a bit of piquant spice to all those of you who still think speakers are always the first choice in a system :cool:

BTW for those of you at the last shebang that were impressed by what the Myryad pre and the PS Audio power could do, then be prepared to be pleasantly surprised by what the Parasound pre has pulled out of the hat ;)

I do hope you can make it along.

Looking forward to a cable show down with you and Tones. Also your Amps into yon meadowlarks.

Admin

Right i'm definitely staying over . I will bring along the valve buffer but apart from my Flock of Seagulls cd ;)it would also be interesting if peeps brought along music that they set a benchmark on when evaluating new kit

Biscuit wrote:

I'm going to ring the Castle tomorrow, will probably try to stay over Friday night as well, since its a bit of a hefty drive for a Saturday morning.

Hahaha!

Ahh I did Norwich and back today mate. And was back in the Brighton office by 14:30 to finish the day off.

If you do come down on the Friday, give me a shout and i'll try and pop down for a pint (SWMBO allowing etc.)