Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

srinisundar

WTB : Intergrated Amplifier or Pre & Power

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

Our wammer Legion_of_one has promised to close the deal and it is getting delayed due to his work commitments, so once again back in market.

Still looking to buy an Integrated amplifier for my Thiel. Preferred MF A3.2CR Pre & Pro or MFA5 Integrated.. Also would like to go for Bryston B100 SST Integrated Amplifier..

PM your offers if available.

NOTE : Bought Vincent Monoblocks SP-996 and Looking for Preamplifier Vincent SA-96, if any body want to dispose, PM your offers or fellow wammers can suggest/point out some good Preamp for the Vincent monoblocks.

it does not have enough power for thiels I amafraid

thanks, i am also searching for the details in net and i could not find proper info about power output, hence PM'd him to get it.

Regards

Thanks, but not suitable for me...It is an 50W output and looking for more than 100W into 8 ohms and 200W into 4 ohms...Thiel is an 4 ohms speaker.

From Ossaudio.com

*****The power output available into 4 Ohm loads is deliberately limited to ensure the long-term reliability of the products, as due to the circuit topology, and with reference to our opening statements, were this not done, there is the possibility that the output transistors would overheat by current overload. The situation is roughly similar to the requirement of 8 Ohm and 4 Ohm taps on a valve amplifier's output transformer. Since most loudspeakers are represented in the 6 to 8 Ohm impedance category, we have elected to provide maximum power into these loads. Loudspeakers with a very "easy" 4 Ohm rating can still be driven quite satisfactorily, but at a slightly lower output power than that available for a 6 Ohm plus loudspeaker.****

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?51078-Moon-P8-RS-amp-W8-RS-pre-power

500 wpc in to 4ohms will get your speakers rockin'

This will power you up !!

Nig

Thanks, i don't have the budget for your amp and it is an nice piece. However my thiel can accept only 50-300 wpc in to 4ohms.

Srini

Hi - I don't think you really need to worry about the upper end of the power rating of a power amp against that of your speakers.

You are more likely to damage speakers using under-powered amplification that causes the speakers to clip - than an amp having more power in it's rating, than the max in your speaker's brochure ! I'm pretty sure my speakers power rating is under 500 wpc, but the chances of me ever using the volume to damage them is minute ..... my speakers are also 4 ohms. The power amp has 250 wpc in to 8 ohms and this doubles in to 4 ......

Good luck in your search.

Got hold of Vincent mono blocks and looking for Pre-amp,... Anybody having Vincent Pre for sale ?

Bought Vincent Monoblocks SP-996 and Looking for Preamplifier Vincent SA-96, if any body want to dispose, PM your offers or fellow wammers can suggest/point out some good Preamp for the Vincent monoblocks.