Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Guest adam7788

Samsung unreliability strikes again!!!

49 posts in this topic

i now have a third machine, plus £50 back from currys as they have dropped the price since i bought the first one- this one seems ok, but dont want to speak too soon

[quote name='rabski']
I bought the TV for our bedroom last week, to replace a dead 18" job. 32" Samsung, £229. Alternatives were enough to hurt, and as it's used to watch QI in bed on Dave, I couldn't give a toss about a 2% difference in picture quality...[/QUOTE]

Bloody hell that's cheap :shock: 7 years ago I paid £835 for my 32" Samsung (which incidentally is still working perfectly)

[quote name='rabski']All down to personal experience I suppose.

We had a Panny plasma that went tits up after a couple of years. Was (after some dispute) fixed under warranty, but never had the same pic quality as when new. I would never buy another after that experience, as it was really serious money new.

[U]Currently, we have a big Samsung in the main AV system, a 32" Samsung in the kitchen, a 32" Samsung in our bedroom and a 22" Samsung in the spare bedroom.[/U] We also have a Samsung DVD player that came as a package with the big TV. The oldest is now coming up for 6 years. All have worked faultlessly and all were fantastic value compared to the alternatives at the time of purchase. I have no doubt that picture quality is better with some of the serious plasma screens, but TV is a fun thing to watch when cooking or before sleep, and the big one gets some AV use for music videos and the kids watching films. Sound quality is what floats my boat, hence the main system. Even in the AV system, the sound setup is far more important to me than the picture.

Frankly, I want inky blacks, perfect harmonics and minimal distortion from the listening system. For the TV, as long as people don't look purple, I couldn't give a toss. [U]Let's face it, 99.99999% of what's on the thing is total garbage anyway.[/U]

I bought the TV for our bedroom last week, to replace a dead 18" job. 32" Samsung, £229. Alternatives were enough to hurt, and as it's used to watch QI in bed on Dave, I couldn't give a toss about a 2% difference in picture quality...[/QUOTE]

Wowsers, 4 big tellys in the household, and you reckon 0.00001% of whats on em is shit. ??

I'm struggling to see the logic..