mikehit

Interest check: Diapason Adamantes III

11 posts in this topic

I absolutely love these speakers from both a sonic view and also visually - in polished Canaletto walnut they make a very stylish addition to any room.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=diapason+adamantes+iii&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1170&bih=727&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=sOS3TqXuKrGasgLm8qHWAw&ved=0CCsQsAQ

http://www.diapason-italia.com/inglese/adamantes.html

They are extremely musical with their strengths in the mid-band and bass (partly, it is said, due to their direct-drive bass units). I have tried them with a variety of solid state amps and they have been fantastic with all of them, but when I had a set of valve amplification on demo they really took off.

However, I have got hooked on the sound of the ESL-57s so these have been sidelined for the last three years and the space they take up does not have much WAF (I keep trying to tell her we need another hifi room to accomodate them!). So it is time to (reluctantly) unload them.

They come with the black steel/walnut cheek stands that are shown on the Diapason website link. They have all documentation and speakers will be packed in the original wooden flight case, with stands separate in the original packaging. Comes with cones etc for speakers and stands.

Total price £1200 plus delivery.

I live in the NW and I will be happy to travel and meet up to hand over. Auditions also welcome at chez moi.

Photos will be posted later today.

Knickers.

I did not realise I had to have my photos on another webste to be able to post them here - I am willing to send pictures of the speakers to anyone who is interested.

Hi, could you let me know if they are able to be placed close to a wall and what condition the stands and Speakers are in ?