rabski

Stunning valve pre

45 posts in this topic

Big changes afoot. Never thought I'd do this, but something has come up, so my much-loved Transcendent is now available.

Pic here from the show. Top left on the rack.

8.jpg

This was scratch-built by me based on a Transcendent kit, which is very kosher looking. The standard spec is pretty decent, mine has the following mods: Shunt-mode volume pot with Vishay resistors. NOS Telefunken tubes throughout (grey plates). Internal signal wiring all Audio Note silver. Audio Note RCA sockets. Power wiring all 9n silver. Audio Note copper/oil coupling caps. Decoupling caps all high-grade Panasonic.

It's essentially a three-input, line-stage cathode follower design with some interesting twists and uses three 12AU7s/ECC82s. A very competent circuit, with solid state rectification. Fully DC regulated filament supply.

Sounds stunningly good. Detailed and clean, and virtually silent. Close on the heels of really serious stuff. And I mean REALLY serious.

Yours for a mere £600.

Could you pm Robin Rick, he might be interested in this since he's looking for the Holy Grail, and I've already got one - to paraphrase Monty Python.

You have PM regarding the pre

pm sent :D

Thank you for all the positive comments.

To the rest. May I just point out: 3 x matched Telefunken grey-plate ECC82, plus 2 x Audio Note 1uF copper capacitors is about £400. Add the AN silver wiring and Vishays and that comes to more than to offered price.

No, it doesn't have an off-board power supply. It also, at £600, doesn't come with a Ferrari Enzo nor 2gm of coke and a hooker for a month.

It's £600 bloody quid and represents about £1000 of my labour costs alone.

Please don't ask me dumb questions. Please don't make derisive offers.

It's £600 bloody quid for something that bites at the heels of Kondos and wipes the floor with your average £3k pre.

Provisionally sold to a proper wammer.

Has the muting circuit. Has about £1000 worth of components. Has about £1000 of my time invested.

Fortunately, has also now likely gone to a very decent wammer.

Sprry for any offence people, but get real...

doesn't come with a Ferrari Enzo nor 2gm of coke and a hooker for a month

What's your asking price on the latter two ?

Free of charge for you Ian. You're proper!