Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ClassikFan

HiFi Choice Forum

24 posts in this topic

Yeah, more diversity over hear particularly on the music threads.

Admin

I got 14 replies on my cd player conumdrum on HFC and 6 of them were me. On Wigwam two threads and 11 pages. All informative information and good points of view . Nuff said

Chewie wrote:

Yeah, activity over there seems to be really slowing down of late :shock:

Simple reason - all the eloquent and/or those suffering from verbal diahorreia are posting here nowadays ;)

Colin^ wrote:

3001 Cable Topics here and three other topics?

Who said it was more interesting?

:dude:

Wrong. There were some good non cable related debates going on yesterday. We even had pointless name calling and the thread wasn't about cables!

The constant ebb and flow of internet discussion forums, eh ?

Sometimes one is in favour , sometimes not. I've been a member of the HFC forum for a few years now, sure it seems to be down in the dumps right now, but i've seen it a lot worse.

I've also seen other Hi-Fi forums pat themselves on the back , only to disappear into folklore and obscurity a few months down the line, usually in a flaming fireball of vitriol...

Wigwam is great Discussion forum , poulated by some nice friendly people , but lets not get too complacent and gloating, it is still very early days...

I've seen 'em come and I've seen 'em go...

Sid and Coke wrote:

The constant ebb and flow of internet discussion forums, eh ?

Sometimes one is in favour , sometimes not. I've been a member of the HFC forum for a few years now, sure it seems to be down in the dumps right now, but i've seen it a lot worse.

I've also seen other Hi-Fi forums pat themselves on the back , only to disappear into folklore and obscurity a few months down the line, usually in a flaming fireball of vitriol...

Wigwam is great Discussion forum , poulated by some nice friendly people , but lets not get too complacent and gloating, it is still very early days...

true, look at hifiplus forum, although it's death was IMHO more to do with one of the founders than any problem with the forum itself.

I still keep up to date with choice, although most post there ATM are on subjects or discussions that I wouldn't have contributed too anyway, and the guys on both can have conversations here, with less flaming by the altuistic ones :D

Should we start a book on it? and have a few bets :cool:

Surprised by the tone of this thread - HFC nearly died on its arse after this forum got started, but lately they've sorted their server, and some of the new members are busy re-inventing the wheel just like we all did when we first signed up ;)

Still Tones/CJRoss's monopoly of the "nothing works/why are we all here?" threads has long since got horribly monotonous, embarassing even, but hell - if your favourite sound is one hand clapping on a 78 played on a 1950s PYE mono radiogram - then it's definitely the place to be!

For the rest of us, TGFwigwam!:force: :rockin::naimee::bounce:

churz, eofs