Hawk

Valve info

287 posts in this topic

alfie2902 wrote:

Does anyone know of a supplier of valve boxes?

I just want a dozen or so of small ECC88 size boxes. Plain white ones would be fine :)any ideas chaps?

Cheers, alfie

You never seem to get them in the UK for some reason, there are a few US eBay sellers or these guys are good. However, postal charges have gone through the roof and they now have a minimum 10euro, but it does cover up to 10 kilo, so unless you are ordering other stuff..........

Unless anyone else knows where to get them from?

Paul

eBay link below.

This looks like a reasonable price from this eBay seller.

Paul

It might be worth checking with a supplier like Langrex or Billington, they buy in bulk and sell singly and use white boxes.

alfie2902 wrote:

Tel wrote:
It might be worth checking with a supplier like Langrex or Billington, they buy in bulk and sell singly and use white boxes.

I guess it would be worth a quick call :^cheers mate

Hope you have better luck than me - last time I tried that, based on the prices they wanted it was obvious they had no intention of selling the boxes - they had cheaper valves in boxes:?

Paul

DEALER

alfie2902 wrote:

Does anyone know of a supplier of valve boxes?

I just want a dozen or so of small ECC88 size boxes. Plain white ones would be fine :)any ideas chaps?

Cheers, alfie

A dozen is quite a small order, but you might follow up this recent thread on another forumhttp://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49523 . They sourced a large quantity of nice boxes at very reasonable prices and may well do so again when/if enough demandbuilds up.

Valvebloke

Tube World have a selection of boxes - have a look under [Other Products] and select the Miscellaneous drop-down menu.

Not quite as cheap as those mentioned in Valvebloke's link, but may be worth considering if there is sufficient interest.

Regarding valve boxes I once received a signal valve in a box for a car bulb. Might be worth investigating ....Halfords etc?

On another subject the dealer I use for my valves is Lorenz Tang of wiwitubes in Hong Kong. Very knowledgeable, excellent communication, good prices and all my valves seem to cost $20 so duty doesn't come into it.

lorenz@wiwitubes.com

Regarding valve boxes I once received a signal valve in a box for a car bulb. Might be worth investigating ....Halfords etc?

On another subject the dealer I use for my valves is Lorenz Tang of wiwitubes in Hong Kong. Very knowledgeable, excellent communication, good prices and all my valves seem to cost $20 so duty doesn't come into it.

lorenz@wiwitubes.com

Another recommendation for Lorenz.

Super guy, very knowledgeable and very genuine. Quite a few here have bought from him and totally free of problems. One of life's good guys.

I have used this online shop.... good communication, prompt dispatch, good prices...

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/index.php?language=en&mySID=Xv3xTuj3Gwmnw,ODftbe02

Regards

Log

Another recommendation for Lorenz.

Super guy, very knowledgeable and very genuine. Quite a few here have bought from him and totally free of problems. One of life's good guys.

And another for Lorenz. First class.

Wow. A seven year old valve resource thread by the legendary Hawk which I've only just noticed for the first time.

Hello toobheadz!!!hi.gif

Enjoying some of the resource links already. I'll prolly need to ask some valve questions later.

My first one though... I need reccos for a multi-meter that reads to 2 volts DC and can be inserted into a valve amp to check biasing (are those black and red plug thingies on multi-meters of a standard size, or are there differences?) . The meters I looked at in my DIY stores go up to 1V and have tacky needle indicators. I prefer a digital display and something not in canary yellow. Gloss black is best. Links to suitable meters on Amazon or eBay welcome.:)

cheerSS