Vinyl Art

Lumley Signiature monitor Speakers for sale.

15 posts in this topic

A pair of these lovely Lumley Sinature speakers, 3 way with adjustable crossovers. These have:

8" bass speaker and Auxilliary radiator

2 Mid Domes

2 soft dome tweeters

single ribbon tweeter

The latter 3 are open baffle, the bass in a "sealed" unit with ABR at rear.

These cab ne bi wired or jumpered for single amp control. the crossovers are fully adjustable (Bass, Mid, Trebble) to 3 positions taking 3 6 and 12 Db off the output. The speaker is ported via 4 small ports at the rear (bungs provided) and the ABR can be damped by adding extra magnetic puck weights. the outcome of all of this is that the speaker can be "tuned" to almost any room. From the large to the small. I ran these succesfully at Scalford (video on You Tube) in the large Quorn Room and in my listening room (4mx3.5m). They are superb speakers, capable of giving enjoyment at low and high output levels.

The cabs are approx 1.1m high by 30cm width by 40cm depth and weigh 35 to 40 kgs ish - I can just about lift them! A black front baffle and rear panel with Cheery veneer to the remainder (some small peices of veneer missing at edges, not too noticable), spiked feet. The previous owner had the ribbons replaced some 3 years ago and i would hazzard that the speakers are some 10 to 12 years old.

30Hz to 25 Khz

88dB

6 Ohms

Power Range 50 to 300W

They retailed new at £4.5k and are as rare as hens teeth. Since i bought these I have seen no others on E Bay and only one pair in a dealers at £1400.

I am asking £800 for these and that includes delivery to a meeting place on the M6 between Carlisle and Lancaster. Once a month or so I travel to Bristol, so may be able to deliver between Barrow and Bristol.

I have the speaker grilles and solid wood grills for transit.

From another owner on tut interweb:

" mine are 4 way with a 8" bass, two 3" mids, 2 soft dome tweeters and 1 gold film super tweeter in the middle. the largest cross over i have ever come across. all the components are top spec. as far as spec`s go you have pretty much no chance of ever finding any. these where the range before the "lampros". the funniest thing about them is the side vents that have a triangular shape in the center to deflect sound out from the rear of the drivers "nice touch" but then they used sealed drivers? m`mm 1080mm tall 400mm deep and 290mm accross so quite a large box. extensively braced internally and not as much volume as you would expect. i thought they would be bigtime in the bass department but they are very nuetral. as they should be, nice crisp mid and a smooth top. anyway that is what my forty year old ears are saying. i like them. cheers"

Will pop up some pics this evening, but this for now

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsQh9uUAiyl0YjBwqZ0TVNsKsOz-wymUgd5GKaa72-HNDoS_kimNRIBAHpTA

:shock:

Whats replacing them? Sounded good at the scalford hall show :^

Tannoy GRFs 12" this year and Autograph 15" in 2013. Only so much space in my listening room so something had to give. The Mcintosh that drove these is now sold, so it's time for them to go. They were always a must have speaker for me after listening to a pair at The Right Note near Bath some 10 years ago, but I now get enjoyment from building Tannoy cabs and someone else will enjoy them all the same:)

I have a pair of Lumley montior reference MKII which are almost identical to those on offer. A fabulous loudspeaker with an absolutely flat respobse throughout the frequency range. Highly recommended. Good luck with the sale - they are worth every penny.

Hi Bob,

Have sent you a PM re buying these at their reduced price.

Cheers,

willie G