Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
s2000db

Any weekday skivers fancy a cdp showdown in S Bucks

32 posts in this topic

Hi, I now have the Cambridge 840cdp for review, if any one would like to bring theirs for comparison during a weekday would be v.grateful.

Already have a Marantz and Roksan to include in the mix, would be nice to include a comparison with something else.

Would be grateful for your thoughts

Rgds Dana

s2000db wrote:

Hi, I now have the Cambridge 840cdp for review, if any one would like to bring theirs for comparison during a weekday would be v.grateful.

Already have a Marantz and Roksan to include in the mix, would be nice to include a comparison with something else.

Would be grateful for your thoughts

Rgds Dana

I live in Bucks (Bletchley) - could bring my cdp along one evening if you like?

Probably not a fair comparison though, but it may be fun.

Hi Papa, many thanks for your offer - evenings are a bit tricky, but could do next Monday the 29th if that's convenient.

Who cares if it's a fair comparison, it'll be valuable information, to be able to tell them what it can't do well, so that they can improve the next model, and as you say have fun in the process...

s2000db wrote:

Hi Papa, many thanks for your offer - evenings are a bit tricky, but could do next Monday the 29th if that's convenient.

Who cares if it's a fair comparison, it'll be valuable information, to be able to tell them what it can't do well, so that they can improve the next model, and as you say have fun in the process...

Cool - the 29th should be okay for me. PM me your address and phone number. I'll call you later.

What time you kicking-off Dana? It'saneasy cruisedown the M40 for me, but I don't get away earlier than 7 most days... :?

earl of sodbury wrote:

What time you kicking-off Dana? It'saneasy cruisedown the M40 for me, but I don't get away earlier than 7 most days... :?

Whenever you arrive then :)... there's an excellent Curry house nearby if that helps... Pls let me know if interested.

Cheers Dana

s2000db wrote:

earl of sodbury wrote:

Whenever you arrive then :)... there's an excellent Curry house nearby if that helps... Pls let me know if interested.

Cheers Dana

Defo interested - the Stello's an interesting comparator for the Cambridge, very similar player, be interested to hear how it fares outside of its usual system.

Would be there between 7 and 8 (likely nearer 8), so do start without me!

Curry is Always a good thing!

Curry would defo be a good idea - i'll be coming straight from work too.

s2000db wrote:

Hi Adam, it'll have to be Mon 29th Jan, oh, and you'll need to bring a cdp to gain entry ;-)

Pls confirm if that's ok...

Cheers

Mon 29th is fine by me - as long as I get some curry I can listen better.

You want me to wreck the evening with a Naim CDP ?