john.stone

WTD: Phono stage....

24 posts in this topic

Having kicked myself, poked my eye with a sharp stick and administered a good cock punching for selling two good phono stages that I had to buy another that never materialised, I'm on the hunt for another.

The budget is flexible but south of a grand, and when I say that I'm not looking for something that's worth that new with a tenner knocked off. Second hand preferred for the obvious reasons of it being cheaper for better (hopefully) and nicely run in.

Cartridge is a Dynavector XX2 with an output voltage of 0.28mV.

Recommendations from those with nothing to sell also appreciated. Thanks for looking, so what ya got?

what was sold and desired ?

I was looking for an EE Minimax stage as I'd had one before and really liked it.

In the menatime I bought a TT that came with a Dynavector P75 - sold that. And agreed to purchase a Puresound P10 which I sold on without laying my hands on it, only to buy a Puresound A30 amp a week later. Typical!

Like I say, arse kicked, eye poked, cock well and truly punched....

Cartridge is a Dynavector XX2 with an output voltage of 0.28mV

Just bought a mkII last week from a PFMer and am running it through a DV P75 mk2 in Doctor T. mode... sooooooperb!

oh, just read on a little further and saw that you already know the P75 (mk 1?? 2??)

Surprised you never tried the P75 John, great phono with the MK2 XX2.

Good luck with your search and with your Bake Off. :^

lintone have a rega los on the bay at the moment. May be worth a call

Surprised you never tried the P75 John, great phono with the MK2 XX2.

Good luck with your search and with your Bake Off. :^

I know, I know. It was one of those things. There'll probably be another forum member thinking the same about the P10 but I had a set plan in my head and was let down. Such is life unfortunately.

I'll probably end up with another one knowing me.....

Edwards Audio phono's at Deco sound interesting, slight cosmetic seconds £1500 retail, they're offering them for £600. Good dealer would tell you if they thought it wasn't the right way to go

cheers mate, that's a nice heads up on that. It sounds interesting.....