s2000db

World of Tanks - online game

1,014 posts in this topic

Very nice, I just have some Class II and III badges :roll:

It was just luck really. I'm obviously not going to boast about the time I got destroyed for making a stupid mistake. After I died a guy said I should win an award for the worst Lowe driver ever :)

Anyone still playing this?

I'm addicted and play most evenings, but would prefer to play with others rather than take 'pot luck'

Hi Dave, just got back from my extended hols, and after 20 odd hours of flights, probably won't be on for a cpl of days while my jet lag recovers...

Did try to log on while on hols, but the 500+ms lag times put paid to any meaningful excursions..

So what's the consensus on the new 'skills' then, any do's and don'ts to consider?

Btw Jon, were the restaurants ideas any good?

And any one seen MattJ on for a while?

Sorry Dana, completely forgot to reply. May well go to the Wolsley for afternoon tea, and may go to Quo Vadis, but it will all depend on where the Wench / Niblet are up to as they're on something of an elimination diet as he appears to have an intolerance to something. Indian we already have somewhere lined up that I've been to previously (Dishoom in Covent Garden if you've not been, well worth a look).

Hi All, how's things.... Sorry I've not been on much recently, but I've just returned from an epic travel and unfortunately my laptop isn't really up to serious play, plus the 600ms lag in Oz made it totally useless!

Anyway just got my head round the new updates and the skills things etc, and low(e) and behold, my ugly duckling has turned into a bit of a Tiger... :D

Since adding the skills and perks, my Lowe has begun to really shine and I've been getting decent kills on it at long last...

Just to share my set-up is as follows:

Vent, rammer, spall liner. Bros in arms (all), sixth sense, deadye, off road driving, adrenaline rush - the balance on repairs and cammo..

Wow it's a bit more agile, and I seem to be getting good penetrating shots where previously they'd bounce..

I reckon they'll release the Russki tree updates soon (a year after they were advised) so make sure you've got KV, KV3, and IS4 in your garage to get a free tank.. :^

So how are you all progressing then?

On that note, the Wench and Little Bigman are away for a week, so I'll actually have a decent amount of time to play at long last. Only issue is that there's a load of mardy Wammers coming over on Saturday and Sunday.

Staff

Just close the curtains and pretend to be away on holiday...

On that note, the Wench and Little Bigman are away for a week, so I'll actually have a decent amount of time to play at long last. Only issue is that there's a load of mardy Wammers coming over on Saturday and Sunday.

Had a little diddle earlier, not seen the new maps yet, but bought a Hummel :^

Was a busy evening for myself last night, especially as I was trying to take advantage of the x5 XP bonus for all of my tanks.

Got the new ones. Views so far:

- The IS4 didn't feel dramatically different, but did have a repair cost of 28k credits, which I'm simply unwilling to live with. Sold

- KV3. Hated it before and it's not dramatically different post. If anything, it's more likely to be in higher tiered games. Sold

- T150. Drove like the KV3. Sold

- The IS8. Feels like an IS3, but with an even better gun. I like it. That received the crew from my IS4.

- KV2. Unsure so far, will be thinking about this one

- KV1. With no option for the big guns, had a think about what I fancy using and put the 57mm on it for a laugh. It was a laugh. Massive ROF and good accuracy. Sure the damage and penetration isn't great, but it's only going to be used against mostly lower tier tanks and it was a lot of fun as a result. For one thing, keep blazing away at a target and you're got a reasonable chance to track/damage a whole bunch of lowly armoured targets (including most of the Frog tanks)

Result of the above was +4.5 million credits into my funds.

Promptly spent 1.5 mill on a Tiger and Panther, both of which are on half price sales. Tonight I'll be looking at buying a bunch of consumables and additional kit for my vehicles.

I did end up fighting on both of the new maps during the evening. Neither really stood out.

I'm very much coming to a conclusion that I believe S2K put on here a few weeks back, i.e. that T9 and T10 gaming is generally a bit pointless. The tanks are expensive to run and from what I've experienced, seem to be the target for a lot of the gold ammo out there. So whilst I have the Object704 and T54 researched, I'm not convinced I'll bother. Might just stick with vehicles upto Tier 8, with the potential exception of the IS8, which I'm thinking about.